• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for those who had a vaginal birth and required stiches

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
I had a second degree tear, and also a tear up the side of my labia almost all the way to my clitoris. I am now almost 4 weeks pp and the stitches have not dissolved yet (I think some have but not all) but the past two days I got a yellow discharge, it doesnt have a bad smell (just smells sorta dusty lol) , and its thick, not frothy, no clumps nothing. it doesnt really itch (maybe a tad here and there but not much) and it makes the area feel swollen (its not and the feeling goes away when I rinse with water and rinse away the excess discharge)

anyone know whaat it could be?? I made an OB appt for Thurs as its the soonest they could get me in but I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this? also its not super sore but is a tad tender.

I only had one stitch, I haven't seen it or looked for it.

Lochia switches to whitish yellow after a couple weeks with some dark red/brown mixed.

From babycenter:

You should have a little less discharge each day, lightening in color. By two to four days after you've given birth, the lochia will be more watery and pinkish. By about ten days after the birth, you should have only a small amount of white or yellow-white discharge. At this point, the lochia is mostly white blood cells and cells from the lining of the uterus.

The lochia will taper off before it stops in another two to four weeks, though a small number of women continue to have scant lochia or intermittent spotting for a few more weeks.

I find this "by 10 days after you shouldn't have much" to be total crap, I still have dark red in mine, even though it's quite scant and I'm almost 4 weeks post partum. But anyway, yellowish white is normal.

I only had one stitch, I haven't seen it or looked for it.

Lochia switches to whitish yellow after a couple weeks with some dark red/brown mixed.

From babycenter:

I find this "by 10 days after you shouldn't have much" to be total crap, I still have dark red in mine, even though it's quite scant and I'm almost 4 weeks post partum. But anyway, yellowish white is normal.
That info you've quoted sounds completely off given my experience and that of most women that I've heard of! I had a caesarean first time around so I can't speak of recovery from a tear, but my lochia was certainly nothing like that description and I was recovering normally.

Does anyone really have a lochia experience like that?

The thing is I had completely stopped bleeding and had clear normal discharge for 4 days before this started... But it doesn't smell, isn't clumpy or frothy, no real itch... I'm at a loss here. And its not a little discharge its quite alot, I have to rinse everytime I go to the bathroom and sometimes inbetween.

It's quite normal for lochia to come and go. Mine did for about 4 weeks before it finally went away.

Oh yeah that too, mine is so scant, and it will be gone for a day or two, then BAM, a big bit of it, then nothing for a day, then some....I'm so tired of wearing these beefy liners (found a happy medium, my regular super thin liners don't cut it, but pads are too much), they seem to dry out my skin or something...but the day I switch to a super thin liner? BAM, enough just to fill it up and get right off the edge...and I wore white undies that day...Lochia. If anything stops me from having more kids, it'd be this. Not labor, or pregnancy, it's the dang bleeding forever...lol.

I don't know how many stitches I had or how bad my tearing was, but at 6 weeks my stitches still had not dissolved, and I still had discharge and pain up to 8 or 10 weeks. My gynecologist wasn't concerned at all so I thought it was normal but it was at least 3 months pp when I started feeling "normal" down there lol. Don't know if that helps!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->