Question for those who had Epidural!!

KX

Reaction score
How long/soon into labour did u get one?

I seen the anaesthetist last week at the hosp due to the apparent 14 attempts it took to get the needle in my spine the last time round-their conclusion was have it put in early on in labour as I waited 13 hours with madam.

Just curious xx :hugs:

Had mine in at 4-5cm i think ...

Only needed it for like 3hrs i had her out with a total of 8hrs labor lol

xxx

i was in labour with chloe for about 36 hours an had my epi at 4:30pm and had her at 9:54pm, could have done with it earlier tho lol!!! an it nvr worked grrr

on Charlie i was 5cm when i had one, her labour was 12 hours

No idea on Ethan but i know an hour after they gave it to me i was ready to push, his labour was 6 hours

On Coby they gave it to me as i was pushing to stop the pain, his labour was 3 hours

x

I had an epidural 12 hours into labour, think i was about 5-6cm at that point!

I was 7cm-8cms before I had mine

bex

I had mine at 6cm with Dior i went into labour at 11pm and at 10am i was 6cm, i heard they slow labour down but it speeded mine up loads 1 hour later i was pushing but i made them top it up just before i pushed, even though they REALLY didnt want to,

i wanted on with Harley but i was 9cm so they wouldnt do it said he would be born bofore the anaesthetist would even get there

Waters broke around 4.30 in the morning, had epidural around 11 in the morning. But they probably gave me too much as I just couldn't push, had no feeling.

I felt nothing but still managed to push now that is weird..........

Well mine was preemie so they had been giving me all sorts of stuff to stop contractions (which wasnt working) and then finally gave me the stuff to start them up again which hurt like crazy. So they gave me an epidural quite a long time before he was born. They got it first try though and it worked very well...too well in fact. It was like four hours before I had even 75% of feeling back in my lower body:p

I had mine as soon as they broke my waters at 2cm. I had been in latent labour for 2 days at this point! Jonny was back to back and I never progressed further than 5cm even on a drip so I ended up with a c section.

I have no idea!! I remember not feeling anything when I got to push though. I had it in for a while, and had quite a few top ups.

This is why the de-brief will be good!

I had my one at 10.40 or summit or it was that time til I felt it had worked but it lasted til 7.20am hours and it wasnt topped up,weird or what

My first baby I had the epi at 4 cm and my second baby was at 3cm and this one as early as they start giving me pitocin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->