Question for those who have had 3 or 4 sections

MrsDramaQueen

Reaction score
I had a c-section with my daughter because she was breach. I wanted to opt for a second one this time because this pregnancy has been difficult. The consultant i saw today told me that if i wanted 3 or 4 babies in the future i would be higher risk of having the placenta attach to the scar and of having complications. I still really want a c-section this time but i also would like another 2 kids.

If you've had 3 or 4 sections does it get harder / more complicated? Have you had any problems?

Thanks

Hiya...I have had 4 csections now

The first 3 went Ok, but my 4th (just 3 weeks ago) was pretty scary, however I had only left a small age gap between my last 2 children

My uterus had ruptured & my bladder was stuck to my old scar tissue...The surgeon came to talk to me after & said I MUST NOT have any more, as there is a strong risk of losing my bladder or even bleeding to death! :shock:

I am just so grateful for the 4 kids I have now & that I am still here :baby::baby::baby::baby::cloud9:

On a lighter note, I have read about others having 4 csections & being fine, so I really do think its alot to do with giving your scar time to properly heal....Dont think mine had enough time :nope:

I've had 3 previous sections and am about to have number 4 in 12 days! This pregnancy has been more difficult but since its been 11 years since my last one I think that its gotmore to do with my age than my previous surgery. There are undoubtably more risks with multiple sections but no reson why you can't go on to have 3 or 4 more kids I've heard stories of people who've had 7 or 8 sections! Good luck with whatever you decide to do xxx

I have been thinking this too.

I have had two c sections. One emeregency and one elective. I am due to have another elective in July.

I would like 4 children, but I will have to see how this c section works out

x

The first 3 went Ok, but my 4th (just 3 weeks ago) was pretty scary, however I had only left a small age gap between my last 2 children

My uterus had ruptured & my bladder was stuck to my old scar tissue...The surgeon came to talk to me after & said I MUST NOT have any more, as there is a strong risk of losing my bladder or even bleeding to death! :shock:

I am just so grateful for the 4 kids I have now & that I am still here :baby::baby::baby::baby::cloud9:

On a lighter note, I have read about others having 4 csections & being fine, so I really do think its alot to do with giving your scar time to properly heal....Dont think mine had enough time :nope:

Hi congrats on ur baby i was wondering becoz i also want 4 babys with close age gap - how old were they before u got pregnant ahgain?? X

Hi congrats on ur baby i was wondering becoz i also want 4 babys with close age gap - how old were they before u got pregnant ahgain?? X

My DD1 was about 6 months old when I found out I was expecting again :baby::baby:

My previous childrens age gaps were much larger, 10 years & 8 years!

Yes the risks do increase with each c-section

take a look at this blog post where the author has taken info from ICAN and compared risks of VBAC compared to ELCS with subsequent pregnancies its very good...

https://victorybirth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/im-pretty-excited-about-my-guest-post.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->