Question for uk ladies

Fleur29

Reaction score
After seeing your gp - when did you get your scan date through? I saw mine 2 weeks ago and he said he would send off for the scan and I would get the appt in the post but I've not heard anything yet. Last time I got my scan date within a week or so of seeing the gp.

I just want a date to work towards!!! Not sure if I should chase up? I'm now 7w 3d so will be ringing midwife next week so I guess I could ask them, but just curious to know when others got their date through.

Thank you! X

Its gonna vary vastly from area to area. I don't even need to see my GP in this area. Sometimes its the GP who refers for scan, sometimes its the midwife. Some midwives arrange scan before booking appointment, some after.

The only people who will be able to give you any meaningful information on when to expect your letter are people in the same town, preferably those with the same GP surgery.

Last pregnancy I think it was around 4 weeks. I only went to the doctor on Wednesday & I'm eagerly waiting for my letter!

I saw my midwife at 8 weeks and only got my scan appointment through a few days ago. I'm now 11 weeks. You should have your scan around 12 weeks so maybe if you not heard in a few weeks chase x

Thanks ladies. I will ask the midwife when I ring up and see what they say x

My midwife sent off for mine. I got it about a week after that x

Mine came through 2 weeks before the actual scan date.

Completely depends on the area and who referred you :)

Both my scan dates arrived within a week. It actually amazed me how efficient the nhs seemed to be lol.
I guess it depends on the area , but if you are worried, you could always contact your mf?

I was just surprised really as they were so efficient with my first pregnancy but I guess maybe they're really busy or something?! Or maybe things have changed in my area? Will ask the mw x

Hi, we don't have to see our gp where I live. We cam go straight to the midwife.

Once your booked in they normally ask for a scan for when you're approximately 12 weeks. Usually the letter will come within 3 weeks of the midwife 'booking' you in.

Sit tight, it will come lol. I think it just really depends on the area you live in and how busy the hospital is.

Congrats x and good luck

I went the gp on Tuesday, got a letter and pregnancy pack through the post on Thursday and phoned up and got my 12 week scan date for 2nd jan im 5+3 so it must depend on ur area, I live in the city and have the choice of two hospials to go to and one has a massive maternity unit and the other is the Liverpool womens hospital, it must depend on what services there are in ur area hun id call up and ask its ur right xx

I didn't have to see my DR we spoke over the phone, I booked in with the midwives, had my 8 week booking in appointment with them and a week later I had my scan days through the post :)
2nd scan also now booked

i saw my midwife at 7 +3 and got scan date through a week later for 12 december x

I haven't contacted my GP. Made appointment with MW direct and saw her on Monday (8+2) she said I'd get scan date within 2 weeks. It was here yesterday (8+6) and appointment is for 16th Dec (13+1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->