question for UK ladies

Wannabeam

Reaction score
Hi

So I am from the UK but had my first baby in Cyprus where I lived for a while. This may sound silly, but it just occurred to me that I don't know the procedure over here once an at home pregnancy test is positive. I'm not pregnant yet, but we will be trying this month, and should I find myself in the tww soon like you ladies, I'm gonna wonder what to to after testing if this is my lucky month. In Cyprus I saw an private Obstetrician from the start. Having scans every month, and then every week later on. What happens here? Also I want a c section as I was told due to my emergency c section in Cyprus that I will need my next one at 38weeks. I'm worried they may push me into having a vbac.:|

Hey Hun with my gp If I fount out I was pregnant I'd book an appointment with my go and do a hpt on the morning and take it in to show my gp I did that with my last pregnancy, I had a c section and my gyne did push for me to have a vbac but at the end of the day it's down too you what you want Hun so keep that in mind

Good luck xx

It's different for each GP practice, with mine you can make an appointment straight with the midwife who sees you as soon as you get a bfp then books you in 7/8 weeks. Ring up and ask what their procedure is :winkwink:

I had an emergency csection at 32 weeks with dd and was advised providing no pre eclamsia next time too that if have the choice. I think ill opt for vbac if I can. I booked in with my gp at 6 weeks then my midwife at 9 over here. No such luxuries as weekly and monthly scans on the nhs just 12 and 20 weeks then later if needed though you can do what you like private x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->