Question from 2nd tri!

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi everyone :thumbup:

I'm currently 18 weeks and still only have a noticeable 'bump' when I'm lying down. I know this is normal, and midwife has assured me everything is fine with the baby but I'm just wondering from those who have experienced it, when did your bump really begin to show? I'm a size 10-12.

Apparently the baby is going to grow pretty rapidly over the coming weeks so I hope that's when it happens!

It will become more obvious to yourself and those that know you well at around 20-24 weekish. Strangers didn't start noticing my 'bump' until 7 months pregnant!! I hate the in between stage where strangers can't tell if you're pregnant or like carbs and sugar too much.

I also carry small so you may 'pop' out sooner than I did. I'm 9 months and finally have people commenting on my bump but they guess I'm in the 6-7 month range and their jaws drop when I tell them I'm due in 2 weeks. haha. :flower:

Your bump will be here before you even realize it, sometimes creeping overnight. Enjoy the stage you're in now. With the bump comes back ache, waddling, breathing discomforts and so on. I miss the second trimester. Hth. :hugs:

I think with my first baby my bump became more apprent to those just looking at me right after my 20 wk ultrasound. So in a few short weeks I bet you'll have a round little bump finally showing to all. I remember being so excited to finally show EVERYONE that I was preggo, but then eventually this bump gets in the way of moving, sleeping, bending over, just about everything. I know you're excited for a cute bump but enjoy being able to do the simple things for a few more weeks. Before you know it your bump will be huge :)

You can borrow mine for a week to give me some relief if you want!

Strangers still wouldn't notice with me, friends/family can't get over how small my bump is. I saw women at the hospital for their first appt today who had bumps the same size as mine, so they were most likely 11-14 weeks. I would say to most people that looked closely I look about 15-18 weeks. To strangers I just look pudgy around the middle :D

Like another poster when I say I'm due in 8 weeks peoples jaws drop!

I was about 7 months when people started noticing mine as well. Now it is VERY noticeable... And big... And uncomfortable.

my bump was obviously big by 6 months and im 5'2, 120 pounds, and first pregnancy. although i will say my boyfriend and i noticed my bump before 6 months, but there was no hiding it at 23 weeks.

Hi everyone :thumbup:

I'm currently 18 weeks and still only have a noticeable 'bump' when I'm lying down. I know this is normal, and midwife has assured me everything is fine with the baby but I'm just wondering from those who have experienced it, when did your bump really begin to show? I'm a size 10-12.

Apparently the baby is going to grow pretty rapidly over the coming weeks so I hope that's when it happens!

i would say just about the past 3 - 4 weeks i've had comments, but again people comment I dont look as far on as I am. Im not complaining, I didnt want a huge bump anyway so considering myself lucky. Still wearing my normal jeans with a hair band and my normal size tops just opting for looser fitting styles at the moment. x

I think mine got obvious at about 25 weeks, but now at 36 weeks I am constantly getting told how small my bump is. When I wear baggy clothes you can still only tell if you're looking. I got send for a growth scan because my fundal height was small but baby was measuring fine. I am a size 12 and tall (5ft 10)

I didn't really start to look pregnant until pretty late. I popped quite a bit at around ~30 weeks :p

Gosh I'd have done anything to have a small bump... Unfortunately I was urge both times from 16 weeks. I'm pretty short though. Your little bump will grow quickly the next few weeks. :) wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy. Xxx

I'd love a small bump!! The world and his wife seems to think I'm huge. The MOT guy and the plumber today both commented how Huge I am. Give me a small petite bump please!! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->