question from a mummy 2b in 2 weeks.C sect

foreverfairy

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you dont mind me quickly nipping over but in 2 weeks im having a c sect.I keep getting the odd little thing happening,nothing really to get excited about but i just have the feeling im not going to last two weeks.SOOOO if i go into labour before op date will i still end up having my c sect if i go to labour ward? Will they do an emergency c sect.Anyone had this happen to them?

you will still get a c section- they will call it emergency but its not really an emergency. why are you having a section if you don't mind me asking??? They may offer you to try natural (depending on the reason for a planned on) But you don't have to. xxx

Unless its on the day and time they give you its classed as an emergency x

It's considered an emergency c-section if labor has already started when you have it done, however, they'll still do it in the usual way. You'll just be pushed up in priority! (rarely they have to do a longitudinal cut on the uterus if there are complications for you or the baby)
My neighbor went into labor 2 days before her scheduled c-section because the baby was in breech position, and just went in and had it done a little early - otherwise it was the same procedure. good luck!

Im having a section as i have had one with my last.and that was because the year before id had an operation and he was a big baby and im quite small framed so would of just ripped me open. Im also having another big baby this time.Already estimated 9lb.lol. was just wondering really as it scares the hell out of me the thought of giving birth naturally for the first time to a baby thats going to be over 9lbs after i have been told im having c sect.Just dont feel like this little mans going to hold out two weeks!

Im having a section as i have had one with my last.and that was because the year before id had an operation and he was a big baby and im quite small framed so would of just ripped me open. Im also having another big baby this time.Already estimated 9lb.lol. was just wondering really as it scares the hell out of me the thought of giving birth naturally for the first time to a baby thats going to be over 9lbs after i have been told im having c sect.Just dont feel like this little mans going to hold out two weeks!
so even if i go into labour then i'll still have the op?

Yep. Unless you want to deliver naturally

Generally speaking labor takes some time. So they would have ample time to prepare you for an "emergency" c-section if you go into labor. if they're already planning a c-section I cannot imagine that they would have you try to delivery naturally.

My first child was born via emergency c-section. My water broke at 34 wks and I went into labor and he was breech. They let me get as far as the excruciating contractions occuring every 30seconds or so (they were hoping the baby would turn). My section occured roughly 20hrs after my water broke.

My second child was planned c-section at 39 wks. The planned section was odd. I felt like it wasn't time yet because my body hadn't gone into labor at all. It was weird not having my water break or having contractions.

I was pencilled in for a section on my due date (Izzy was breech) but went inot labour 2 days before I was due to go in for the section.

We told the hospital that I was due to have a section when I went into labour, and I was told just to come in. I had the section about 2 hours after I got to the hospital - it was classed as an emergency as it wasn't planned for that day, but it didn't feel like one. Everything was very calm and organised - not really sure if it would have been any different if I'd gone in as planned on my due date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"