Question from TWW!

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just had a miscarriage a few weeks ago at 9+4 (baby stopped growing around 7 weeks). I have a history of low progesterone, and am worried that could have caused the miscarriage, so I asked my doctor to test my progesterone levels (should hopefully be getting my results today).

I have a few questions, some of which might be a little silly :blush: First, unless my levels are truly solid/high, I'd like to use suppositories anyway if my doctor will let me, because I KNOW low progesterone caused a chemical pregnancy I had back in September of last year. Can using progesterone suppositories ever be harmful, if levels are otherwise normal?

Second, have any of you had success with suppositories? I was using bioidentical progesterone cream in my last pregnancy - the one that ended in miscarriage a few weeks ago - but if I had low levels, that clearly didn't do enough. What kind of dosage do suppositories give you?

Also... what are the practicalities of using suppositories? I mean, I've read some women put them in at night b/c they make them sleepy, but what about getting up to use the bathroom (which I tend to do even when I'm NOT pregnant lol).

I'm sorry to bombard you with so many questions - my DH and I want to try again asap, and I want to be ready and well-informed when we do (and we've dtd a couple of times since the miscarriage, so there's a slim chance something might catch this month!)

TIA :flower:

Hiya I don't have any info about low progesterone but with my 1st baby I had an operation to remove a cyst and an ovary. They gave me progesterone pesseies to shouv up my bum for a month after. Not pleasant lol. From what I know they are perfectly fine and will help. Good luck hope to see u in 1st tri soon xxx

I put one in before I go to bed when you go to empty your bowels.. Yuck! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->