Question regarding Cervix after MC

TaraLynn

mama to Kiernan & 1 angel
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for all of the questions... I know its been a month since my MC but still have so many unanswered questions and still not feeling (physically) back to myself.

I've googled the heck out of this and just cannot find a solid answer.

I know during a MC your cervix opens and (from what I have googled) within a few weeks it closes back up... its been a month and mine still feels low and open, it has ever since. Open enough *Sorry TMI* that I can put the tip of my finer in =/ is this normal?

I have had one vaginal birth - could that be why? I thought things shrink back up and go back to normal after, but maybe it never had and I am just noticing now since I have been checking since my mc?

Thoughts please????

I have NO info, but I wanted to bump this up so someone can give you some help. I am also so sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you, I appreciate your thought in trying to doing that.

Not sure,. I would prob ask your doctor hun!! Could make you prone to infections I'd think.

That was one of the concerns I have =/ Guess I will need to call the doctor. Thank you for your reply and help! I sincerely appreciate it.

My doctor mentioned that my cervix would remain open for weeks and that risk of infection is quite high during that time so no sex, baths, tampons, or any insertions until after the first period...

But, I had a d&c so I am not sure if that changes things

I've already had my first period and it still seems low and open... I called my dr and she said this is normal. She didnt mention anything about no sex, maybe because I told her I had a period already? I guess I just wait it out and keep an eye on it. Thank you for your help!

If u r concerned, i think it wud b a gd idea to ask ur dr to examine u 4 reassurance. I know that after natural FT deliveries and mc's, drs say that it should close "nice n tite". To me, that means 1 finger tip shudnt go in but the only person that really knows is a dr/nurse. Some mite say that 1 finger width is normal for u, given ur preg history. I remember a midwife once sayin that. The best person to judge if ur cervix is closed wud b a dr. It is common thqt after delivery, ur cervix feels low, altho apparently kegel exercises shud held strebgthen everything again.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I read that multiparous women (those that have had a baby) often find their cervix always feels a little open. It wouldnt hurt to get a quick speculum exam done by your doctor though to check all is normal and put your mind at ease. HTH xx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I read that multiparous women (those that have had a baby) often find their cervix always feels a little open. It wouldnt hurt to get a quick speculum exam done by your doctor though to check all is normal and put your mind at ease. HTH xx

Thank you, Nikki! In speaking with my doctor she confirmed what you said, makes me feel tons better! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->