Question regarding due dates and menstrual period

redpoppy

Reaction score
Hi girls!!! :hi:

I have a quick question regarding when you guys went into labour in regards to your due dates and your menstrual cycle. It's been suggested to me by someone that the liklihood of going into labour on your due date is connected to how regular and near 28 days my menstrual cycle is. This could be baloney but thought I'd do a quick survey on here!

So if you could answer the following questions that would be great! I know baby will arrive when she arrives but I'm so looking forward to it and I suppose any sign or indication would be great! :cloud9:

questions:

1. How regular is your monthly menstrual cycle normally. (how well can you predict when it is due just by dates?)

2. How long is your usual monthly cycle approximately?

3. How many days were you early or late in regards to your Last Missed Period due date when going into labour?

4. How many days were you early or late in regards to your scan due date when going into labour?

Thanks in advance for your replies and merry xmas!!!! :hugs:

:flower:

1. How regular is your monthly menstrual cycle normally. (how well can you predict when it is due just by dates?)

Pretty regular. I could predict to within a couple of days when I'd come on. I had a cycle than went between 28 and 31 days - more often towards the 31 days. (On a side note, it seems to have reverted to that now. First period post-birth was 25/11/09, and my 2nd has started today - same as last year! My body must think that I need an extra Christmas present :rofl:)

Oops, I answered this above, but cba going back to delete it. 28-31 days usually, with it being more likely to trend towards 31. Each period usually lasts about a week.

3. How many days were you early or late in regards to your Last Missed Period due date when going into labour?

I was 2 days late going by my LMP EDD given by the midwife (but that's because the silly moo didn't listen to me when I say that my cycles trended towards 31 days rather than 28).

4. How many days were you early or late in regards to your scan due date when going into labour?

I was 1 day early by my scan due date (but neeeearly 2 days early, she was born at 1.22am :lol:)

I'm interested to see what kind of data you get :) Merry Christmas to you too!

I could normaly predict mine within a few days, when i 1st started trying it was really irregular but i did have an underactive thyroid and just come off pill

30 days

10 days over

7 days over

Thanks in advance for your replies and merry xmas!!!! :hugs:

:flower:[/QUOTE]

I had been on the pill for around 12 years before trying to get pregnant so my periods were always bang on 28 days, and I only had one period before coming off the pill before I fell pregnant. However before I did go on the pill they were very regular.

Before I went on the pill 28-30 days
On pil 28 days.

7 days early

7 days Early

1. How regular is your monthly menstrual cycle normally. (how well can you predict when it is due just by dates?) 27 - 30 days

2. How long is your usual monthly cycle approximately? 27 days (with a 13 day LP)

3. How many days were you early or late in regards to your Last Missed Period due date when going into labour? 1 week and 1 day early

4. How many days were you early or late in regards to your scan due date when going into labour? 1 week

I knew I was pretty spot on with dates

1. How regular is your monthly menstrual cycle normally. (how well can you predict when it is due just by dates?) Usually on time give or take a day

2. How long is your usual monthly cycle approximately? 26-28 days

3. How many days were you early or late in regards to your Last Missed Period due date when going into labour? 10 days early

4. How many days were you early or late in regards to your scan due date when going into labour? 12 days early

Thanks SOOOOO much for our replies!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is totally the newest theory I'm going with. It's definitely not an exact science but after getting your answers and asking my mum (who was always early and had a 25 - 27 day regular cycle) I'm tending to believe there's some truth (give or take a little) to this theory.

Any more answers would be great obviously to get an idea of trends but it's a really interesting theory. :mrgreen: and has helped me relax a little in regards to my due date.

:thumbup:

I can guess it by the day

31 days

Baby born on her due date

Baby born the day she was due - scan date didnt change

I can guess it by the day

31 days

Baby born on her due date

Baby born the day she was due - scan date didnt change

Hmmmm.... Okay, this one's a little out. Hmmph! :winkwink: But congrats on the due date being exact! that's super rare apparently! :thumbup:

It is pretty regular

Between 25-28 days

I was 4 weeks early

I was 3 weeks early

Thanks in advance for your replies and merry xmas!!!!
No problem - Happy Holidays!!! xx

1. How regular is your monthly menstrual cycle normally. regular

2. How long is your usual monthly cycle approximately? 28

3. How many days were you early or late in regards to your Last Missed Period due date when going into labour? 17 days

4. How many days were you early or late in regards to your scan due date when going into labour? 21 days

olivia was 3 weeks early if you go by scan date

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"