Question:

kirbyland1986

expecting number 2
Reaction score
please answer truthfully:

housework or spend time with your child?

I have a nearly 7 month child and my husband expects me to keep on top of the housework and every night when he comes home he is complaining about it!

At 7 months Callum was still having two sleeps, generally for the first sleep i'd have some dinner, wash up, put the washing on, clean etc. The second sleep I sat down and relaxed! He only had half an hour so i'd just relax, I think a bit of both doesn't hurt. Generally when he was awake I tried to play with him as much as possible and talked/sang with him etc but i'd sometimes pop to the kitchen to sweep the floor, do the washing up etc but I never left him for more then a few minutes each time, I constantly came back to check on him xx

Callum wasn't to bad with teething, there was only a couple of times where he was quite poorly with it but generally i'd try and do the housework on the nights or at the weekend, if hes upset then it'd be the baby i'd go to everytime though hun, stuff the hosuework! xx

Sounds like my OH but I'm just sarcastic about it all now, he's the kind of person that wants the places you can see to be tidy, doesn't think about the other things like actually cleaning and washing let alone looking after LO!
I have no advice other than to tell him to shut up :haha:

Leaving him holding the baby for the day is the best advice. If not tell him yeah I just watch Jezza all day evey time he opens his mouth

I think you should do literally NOTHING all day (other than sort out LO of course) to demonstrate what that looks like :winkwink:

I think you should do literally NOTHING all day (other than sort out LO of course) to demonstrate what that looks like :winkwink:

This. The parent who works doesn't really realise how hard the one at home works. I'd make him have a day off, plonk the baby on his knee and do one. See how he feels at the end of the day :lol:

As they say, Id rather have a messy house than ignore my child all day, I always tidy up when LO goes a bed then the next day all i have to do is a bit of cleaning, my LO only has 1 nap and i try to do it all then but i clean throughout the day clean as i go i find easier. x

Baby every time, I do the basic stuff only, if the kids are having a good day I do more, if they are having a bad day then I don't and sometimes I just think sod it they are only little once I'm playing with them and feck the housework!! :haha:

Oh and my DH knows better than to mention the state of the house!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->