Question...

proxy bump

Reaction score
So this is my first pregnancy. So ive been made aware that during some point in my appointments ill be set up with a tour of my 'selected' hospital and set up a room or something along the line. My issue is the doctors office ive been going too isnt....very keen on letting me go anywhere. We recently moved and theres a womens clinic a little closer in the next town over and ive been back to my orginial office twice to try to get my medical records faxed. Each time ive filled out the same paper and was assured it was taken care of and each time I drive an hour back and over to find out...nope nothing was faxed and they cannot take me until they get my records.

Now, ive more or less resigned to just reopening my appointments at the old office. Its really only a ten minute difference. Now, my question lies with what if I have the same issue with being able to choose my hospital. Even when I was just trying to let my doctor know we were moving he tried assuring me that I could still make it to their hospital when I go into labor. Both SO and I are very against it. The hospital in question killed SO's grandfather, cost my father his leg along with a slew of bad experiences from my mommy friends including one who almost died as well.

So my question is; can I set up a tour by myself at my choice of hospital? What do I need to know? Can I get a hard copy of my medical records? Do I need them?

I just delt with this. Different circumstances but along the same lines.

Are you in the states?? If so they legally can't do that. What I had to do (was for my kids) was get the hard copy. Means I had to go in to the original office pull all records sign forms for them and hand deliver them to the new office without taking no for an answer. They cannot deny them. You can call ahead and tell them you are on your way for them. If they give you an excuse stand there until they hand them over. You have to be forceful. At least it's what I had to do. :-/

Good luck!!

Yes, Im in the states. I think when I go back for my next appointment ill ask for a hard copy. I dont mind the office or the doctors there; really. Its a womans clinic so I basically bounced around so I could meet all the doctors its just the hospital they are with is run down and dirty. I just checked out two of my top hospitals and turns out my number one calls cps on "single" mothers right after delivery and since SO are not married im not willing to put up with that. Sigh.

^^^^ what she said. If they arent faxing them, then u may need to go get them urself. I recently had to do this. But, due to HIPPA they CANNOT refuse to give them to you. Keep in mind, they CAN charge u for the copies ( there is a limit to amount they can charge) but, they cannot refuse to give them based on any unpaid charges you might have. Here's a little info.
https://www.healthit.gov/patients-f...-my-doctor-does-not-give-me-access-my-records

They call cps just because ur single???? Good grief!! Where are you??? Have they said why they do that? Quite frankly, I would call that hospital, ask to speak to either the charge nurse in l & d or one of the hospital social workers and get to the bottom of that. Seems ridiculous.

We live in Kentucky and its been put under as a precaution that theyll be releasing a life into a safe place and of course do a drug test on me which is fine the womans care gives their patients a routine drug screen with each visit since we're under medicaid. I dont know why the hospital would have it set up that way. Its really shocking but glad I found out now. Plus side my second choice is a little closer and not so....weird.

Plus, they have online preregistration! They were also recommended to me by quite a few people so. Woo.

Just seems like a lot of hoops to jump.

Hopefully everything will go well and I can get my files. Now I just need to book my apppointment.

Are you sure it's CPS they call? Or just have you talk to the hospital's social services or a rep from your state? Or is that the same thing? I'm not sure :shrug:

I live in Illinois and with DS1 I was on state aid to help cover what my mom's insurance wouldn't cover. Because his father and I weren't together I was told we had to go to court on at least insurance and they pushed for support but I told them no. I had no one in regards to that visit but I had appointments set up in regards to the insurance.

As for DS2, the hospital's social services came up to chat with me since OH and I aren't married. They mostly wanted to make sure I didn't have any concerns over finances and what not more than anything else.

My friends girlfriend had their second son there and CPS was indeed called, the dr had given them a heads up in advance that it was a common practice, but I brushed it off knowing she smoked and that she must of failed a drug test. Upon further reviews it seems to be their norm. Luckily, according to most reviews, they were given warnings in advanced with the same "making sure its a safe enviroment" bit. Now either all these women have failed drug tests or something it all just seems off to me. They will interview the parents and then set up home inspections and check ups. It all sounds really sketchy.

That is strange. I'm in Indiana and I've been under medicaid for several babies. I don't get drug tested at all. That must be a state to state thing. I am married, but honestly what they're doing by calling cps feels like profiling/discrimination to me. I guess its good ur at least aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->