Question

tabbicles

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies, Sorry if this is long winded....

Just wanted to ask a question to people who have miscarried like me. When I was pregnant last year I had awful cramps from early on right up to about 9-10 weeks which the doctors said were normal but these were agonising, I was doubled over almost crying with the pain,they would wake me up at night and they would last about an hour and I am convinced they werent normal yet all the doctors kept telling me they were. I am sure they didnt appreciate how much it hurt. Yes, I can understand a a slight cramp like period pain being normal as you are stretching but not pain like that!
After finally going to A & E I managed to get a scan at just over 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat so thought all was well and they were normal afterall but it still died after that.
I miscarried at 12 weeks but the baby and died weeks before. I cant help but wonder if these cramps were a bad sign. I am now 4 weeks 4 days pregnant and just starting to get the od cramp, nowhere near as bad (yet) but as you can imagine I am sooo worried that they will get worse like last time and it will happen again. Really want to know if anyone else had this?

Hiya Tabbicles, cramping didn't happen to me in my last pregnancy (ended in MMC) but a friend of mine had agonising cramps from about 4 weeks. She went to A&E wondering what on earth was wrong and that's when she found out she was pregnant. She was told that her uterus was expanding rapidly (closer to the size it would have been at 12 weeks) and causing the pain. Supposedly it does happen. Anyway, apart from the pain (which lasted for a lot of the first trimester) she's fine now and coming up to the third trimester. Try not to worry, I don't think cramps (without bleeding) means bad news. Good luck and congratulations! x

Thank you so much TripleB. That is very reassuring. I am sure all of us will worry a lot!! Maybe it was just a coincidence. everything is crossed....

I hope its just a coincidence, its completely understandable that you will worry more this time. I'm hanging in there for a BFP but know that after the initial joy there will be a lot of stress until there's a baby to show for it. Wishing you very happy pregnancy! x

I had agonising cramps at the beginning of my last pregnancy (ended in stillbirth but not linked) and after finding out in A&E that I was pregnant I found I was suffering from ovarian cysts! It makes sense! I'd had the pains before but never that bad - they were different from period pains. Apparently the pregnancy hormones wind the cysts up making them very very big and pushing on my expanding womb! Have you ever had any problems with cysts? It could just be as above but I thought I'd make an input since they sound like what I had!

:hugs:

Thank you both you!
No I hadnt ever had Ovarian Cysts suggested, but that sounds really similar to what I experienced. Annoying doctors passing it off as normal probably never even thought to suggest it!
I will ask about that at my next appointment with a medical person (I have my booking in apt on 19th of March but wonder if I should see my GP sooner if the pain gets bad). How do they diagnose cysts?

I feel very reassured if t is that as it is a simple explanation for the pain which helps when putting up with it!

when I had a large cyst that burst it was diagnosed by internal ultrasound.

When I had my son... i had cramping the entire pregnancy. It would be there for a few days and it was fairly significant cramping just like AF cramping... and it would disappear for a few days and then return. So for me it was totally normal, and i had a healthy boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->