Question

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
My Dh and I had stopped actively trying last fall. We were not trying to prevent anything either. I am over weight(235) so figured that is why we were having such a hard time. My weight is because of medical reasons and not because of an unhealthy lifestyle. Anyway usually when I am pregnant the signs are strong and early. So we have figured that we have not been and not really paid attention other then to keep track of my cycle.

Well last night DH was working till midnight. He called me just before he left to come home. 5 minutes later I had what I could only discribe as a contraction of about medium strength. It lasted about 30 or so seconds and had the building up, peaking and then reduction in pain. Then it was gone. My menstral cycle was suppose to start 2-3 days ago so I just figured that is what it was. A few minutes later another one hit. Same exact thing. It takes DH about 15 minutes to come home and I had 3 of them before he came through the door. I decided to just head to bed and try to get comfortable. BIG MISTAKE. Once I lied down the intensity increased each time they hit. I have had 3 children already so am very familiar with contractions.

Within an hour they were 2 minutes apart and lasting about a minute and 30 seconds. DH was timing them. And the intensity was so strong that I was crying uncontrolably. This is not normal for me. During my first two labours I went 20 hrs with my first before requesting an epidural and didn't cry, with my second it was 13 hours no crying. With my third since I had to be induced that was the most painful and I did cry till the epidural was given. These contractions were as intense as with my third. Dh wanted to take me to the hospital. One big problem. I suffer from agoraphobia and the past couple of days I have barely been able to make it to the back yard let alone any where else. I started to panic at the thought of leaving the house. Finally after 3 hours I was able to make it to the bathroom between contractions and get in a warm tub. Within 10 minutes they started to subside and then 20 minutes later they stopped. No bleeding. Still none even now.

We are picking up a pregnancy test on Friday if no bleeding happens and then no matter what the results are setting up a doctors appointment. I have had a few miscarriages already and when those happened(they were early ones, 6 weeks along or less) I didn't get contractions like this. Just intense menstrual cramps.

So my question is, is this normal? Could it have been a misscarriage even though there was no bleeding and there has not been any? Could there have been another reason for this other then pregnancy? I am really confused right now.

I'm sorry I don't really have an answer to your question. My best answer would be to talk to your doctor, but obviously with your phobia this can be difficult. I am absolutely terrified of going to the ER as I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting, not of me doing so but others) so I can't even sit in the waiting room without having a panic attack, so I understand how hard it can be. Is there a nurses hotline in your area you could call for advice? I hope you find out what is going on, best of luck to you!

Yes there is a health link number we can call. DH called it last night and was put on hold for so long that he just hung up to support me instead.

No contractions still since the other night and still no bleeding. But very sick to my stomach. Thanks for asking.

It's definitely possible it's the beginning of a miscarriage... It can take up to a week for some to start bleeding.. It depends on the cervix and how far along you might be.. Definitely not normal if you are not having a miscarriage. Definitely see a doctor. My sister had contractions from low potassium. Maybe it's that.. I'm puzzled. That's my best guess. Hope everything is fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->