question

beautifuloaks

Reaction score
I am currently waiting to miscarry, I am going in tomorrow to see about getting some medical management, its been two weeks since we found out something was wrong.

My question is for all those who have concieved after a loss.

How did the doctors respond after your frist/second/third miscarriage?

I'm not sure if mmy husband and I are going to try again soon or wait,but was it differant the second time?

I am planning on getting a new doctor, the place I was going the dr. Iss only available Monday. And wednesdays, and even now, no one has told me about what to expect with my miscarriage everythig I know is frrom reading and this forum, they left me totally unprepared. They never even did blood work for this pregnancy.

Anyways sorry didn't mean to turn into a rant.

I just want to know if the doctors monitor your pregnancies closer after a miscarriage?

Blood work? Early scans?

Just curious.

After my loss, I was told I could try again whenever I was ready and the chances of it happening again were very rare. Me and my hubby didn't try again right away even when everytime he'd hold me crying hysterically, he'd say "soon, babe soon" The truth was neither of us was emotionally ready. Especially him. Long story. But my doctor told me that my next pregnancy WOULD be considered a high risk because I had a loss, and would be monitored way more then an average pregnancy. When you get your new doctor, of course tell them about your loss. And if they try to make you feel better by treating you as an average pregnancy, insist they don't. for your comfort. I think I'm finally pregnant again, and I'm honestly really nervous and anxious. And I think anyone whose experienced a loss, would naturally be nervous. It's not something you want to keep dealing with. Good luck hun.

There really is no reason to monitor you closely if this is your first mc. Unless you miscarried in your second trimester, or there were physical problems with you, i.e. incompetent cervix. I know it is so hard, but sometimes it just happens, and we will never know the reason. Now if and when you do get pregnant again, and you are concerned, you can ask to have your progesterone levels tested, to see if that could possibly have been the cause, if they are too low. And if there is a problem, then remedy it by getting progesterone injections. Other than that I think most doctors look a one mc as a statistical fact. I know that is hard to take, because to us, it is so, so much more. Hugs to you!! I hope you get the answers you are looking for. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I found this website when I was looking for support about the emotional side of losing a baby and found this page of stats. I hope it helps a little. https://www.pregnancyloss.info/info-howcommon.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->