Questions about bleeding/bloody show/discharge (TMI POST)

whittnie117

Reaction score
First off, sorry for the huge tmi. I just want to know what is going on and get experiences if I could.

So a little background for my question. Yesterday I bled. The bleeding was just once. It was dark red/maroon and came out in gooey, mucusy, clotty fashion. It was enough to fill three large wads of toilet paper and it got everywhere. I made my way to L&D, contractions didn't register over 5 hours (I had a few before I went to l&d and they tapered off). Waters were intact. Baby is really, really low. I am still dilated to a 1 and I effaced 10 more % over a week. I lost my mucus plug last week over three days from Sunday to Tuesday. Anyhow, they sent me home saying that there may not have been a reason for the bleeding or it could have been my show. It is very up in the air. They want me to monitor closely what is going on.

So here is my questions. I have been bleeding brown since yesterday and only when I wipe. It's coming out in flakes, or a bit watery, and sometimes mucusy with some yellow discharge mixed in. I have also passed a couple mid sized clots that are brown as well.

For women who bleed in third trimester, is this normal type of bleeding? Could it be my 'show'? What are your ladies' experiences with a show or bleeding?
How long after a show is normal to go into labor, if it was my show?

Obviously, I want baby to stay in there as long as possible. I just need some reassurance, stories, etc...I don't really know what to look for as I'm a ftm.

Thank you for reading and for any experiences/knowledge you can provide.

Sorry, don't have any experience! But the fact that you're almost 34 weeks is great! Even if baby is born now, he'll likely be perfectly fine, even if he needs a little hospital time. :)

I don't have much advice but with my son, I did have a small amount of bleeding at 33 weeks but when I say small, it really was just a tiny bit of brown spotting and it only happened once. I called L&D and they said not to worry unless it gets heavy and especially if it turns bright red or if I start getting cramps. I think my show was mixed in with my waters going. It was like a mucusy discharge that was clear at first but then quickly had blood mixed in. I leaked this for a few hours. The hospital said at first it wasn't my waters going but when I went back a few hours later, they said my waters had gone so it could have been a combination. My son was born about 17 hours after this first happened.

I personally think it sounds like your baby wants to make an early appearance so definitely keep a close eye on things x

I haven't had red bleeding in third tri so probably not much help I'm afraid, but have had brown mucousy discharge since my sweep on Wednesday, with quite large lumps of jelly like stuff in it. I've taken this to be my plug so am quite pleased as I am being induced on Tuesday, but if I wasn't being induced I wouldn't necessarily think labour was imminent as there have been lots of ladies here who have lost plug quite early on and lasted quite a way on. I would keep an eye on it though :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->