Questions about failing glucose test (1hr)

ds0910

Mom; 2 angel babies
Reaction score
Well I had my 1hr fasting glucose tolerance test Friday and they just called and told me that I failed. Mine was 161 and they like it to be 130, so now I have to go for the 3hr one on Wednesday:sad1: My question is, could the fact that I have been craving sweets affect the test and since I have been eating more sweets make me fail the test without having GD or would this mean that I have given myself GD? Could this mean that I am more likely to get chronic diabetes even when not pregnant? UGH!!!! Any info you ladies could give me I would be VERY greatful for.

As long as u fasted before the test like ur suppose to, then no, eating sweets isn't going to affect the results. No, eating more sweets does not give u gd. Gd ( and diabetes in general) is a pancreas issue. It's a myth that eating lots of sweets will give it to you. No, just because u have gd does not mean you'll develop diabetes postpartum. Some women do, but more than likely they had some other risk factors involved.
I hope u pass the 3 hr, but if u don't, ask ur dr about a diabetes education class. Not sure where u are, but in the US most hospitals offer them for free. GL! :)

Unfortunately I do have other risk factors as my dad and his mother have diabetes and I'm Native American, which also carries an elevated risk of developing type 2:cry: I'm just so scared. Thank you for your reply, it makes me feel a little better thinking at least I didn't do anything to cause it.

I've known women who've eaten ice cream and such the night beforehand, just before fasting, without issue. So I wouldn't worry about your cravings lately. :hugs:

I know I was told by my midwife that they've had quite a few false positives lately at our center because apparently they recently changed the numbers that fall into the "normal" range, and then many of them pass the 3-hour. So that could be you! But don't blame yourself; there's many ways to manage GD with just diet alone, depending on how the test results unfold. And I know many women who've had GD and then went back to 'normalcy' once they delivered. Hang in there mama, hope the test goes well!

I failed my one hour test also honestly don't worry to much I freaked out and ended up passing the 3 hour no issues. Did you eat the morning of your 1 hour I did cause I was told to eat normally for the test and apperently some doctors tell you to not eat and we all have to fall in the same range. I fasted for the 3 hour and passed with flying colors. Don't over Google it cause it will freak you out! If you do have it just listen to the dr and everything will be fine!

I failed my one hour test also honestly don't worry to much I freaked out and ended up passing the 3 hour no issues. Did you eat the morning of your 1 hour I did cause I was told to eat normally for the test and apperently some doctors tell you to not eat and we all have to fall in the same range. I fasted for the 3 hour and passed with flying colors. Don't over Google it cause it will freak you out! If you do have it just listen to the dr and everything will be fine!

No I didn't eat, it was fasting from midnight till after test. No food, water, no nothing:sad1:

Thank you swanxxsong, I certainly am hoping that is the case and I pass the 3 hour. My test is Wednesday so wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->