Questions about Irregularity

KayeChay

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I really like these forums because I feel like I can relate to a lot of you and on my last thread you girls were so helpful and I also feel less embarrassed with my problems! Thank you!

but now I have another question...

Ok, So this may be dumb but I'm gonna ask it anyways lol So I'm very, VERY irregular.. like maybe 2 or less in a year I get my period. I just came off of BC pills in January but even before that I was still VERY irregular I was taking BC to have periods (DH and I are TTC now). So my question is, even with very irregular periods should I OPKs and BBts?
A few ladies on my last thread said I should... but if I do how do I start? lol like when should I? In the mornings? Or before bed? at random times? Or is it unnecessary or a waste of time because I don't get my periods as often as I should?

Oh and one more question (ok well maybe a few more lol): If any of you ladies have irregular periods how do you deal with them? And what kind of vitamins are you taking at home? I was taking fertilaid and fertilitea but I stopped as to it felt like it wasn't doing anything for me. So I'm just taking fish oil, one a day womans, B12, folic acid and vitex.

thank you,

Kaye

Hey there glad you are finding the support you seek on bnb! I came here for the same advice and problems some time ago and have gleened invaluable information to help me get where I am (2 months to go!)

Take your bbt each morning at the same time before you get out of bed or move to much. Fertility Friend has a great tutorial to walk you through and get you started. Charting and opks are especially important when ttc regardless of whether you have what seem like regular cycles or not imo. Every woman has the occasional irregular cycle and so many threads of frustration on the ttc boards confirm this. How many times have you read a thread that started with "AF 4 days late but BFN?" or similar. Also Ovulation can happen earlier or later in your cycle as I learned and if you assume it corresponds with the "average" you could be missing your key fertile days or not realizing you have a short luteal phase (days after O but before AF) which is crucial to successful implantation.

Charting and opks work great together...opks can help predict O is coming and charting confirms it did. And a bonus is if your bbt stays high or goes triphasic after you O it can tip you off before you test that you could be pregnant :winkwink: I had success with the same supplements you are taking currently and unless you are having luteal phase issues (you can check for whe/if you decide to chart) then that may do it for you!

Good luck and keep us updated on how you are doing :flower:

I didn't know if it was unnecessary but now I'm going to start charting!
Thanks for giving me hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->