Questions about my appointment today..

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
Hey girls :flower: I had my 32 week check up today and there are a few questions I have! :thumbup:

1. What does cephale mean? I read it meant head-down (although the words I found were all 'ceph' and other shortened ways)

2. My baby's position is 'long' I read that means it's back is parallel to mine, but here comes the baby brain.. what does that actually mean!? :wacko::dohh:

3. What does 'Fifths palpable' mean?

4. I have no anitbodies in my blood.. Is this normal? :wacko:

5. At 33 weeks (one day off) my bump is measuring at 36cm! I've always measured one week ahead, is this just a growth spurt? And will I be measuring 4 weeks ahead from now on if I go back to 1cm a week or will the growing slow down?

Thank you :flower:

the first one means head down, the antiboties being negative is fantastic means your body isn't attacking your baby (mine does) and the last is nothing to worry about it could be water or anything have you had a ultrasound done recently?

i would say all in all thats a good appointment :D did they check your urine and such?

Thank you :)
I just editing the last question too :)

No I haven't my last one was my 20 week one, not expecting another either as far as I'm aware!

awww bummer but good sign that as if they thought anything was wrong if baby was big etc they would scan you :D i wouldn't worry although i know its hard, i was young when my son was born (classed as a older mum now) lol :D but all looks fantastic from your orginal post congratulations :D

That's good then :D
She was a wee bit hesitant when I told her again I was 33.. But I'm sure she would have said then if there was anything they wanted to check out :thumbup:
Thank you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"