Questions about transverse lie

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by PeanutBean, Oct 1, 2008.

1. jenjen

jenjen Well-Known Member

ah, fingers crossed bubs is getting into a better position for you. I think mine may have moved too, I'm definitely getting more movements higher up and lower down than I have been over the past couple of days. I can never tell what position she's in though, there seem to be lumps and bumps everywhere!

2. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Here's hoping both our babies get past this naughty stage!

3. naomi

naomi Active Member

Hi!I have asked this somewhere else but I can't remember where I wrote it to check if I got a response!!!Anyway I'm 33 weeks pregnant and as of yet nobody has even checked the postion that my little one is lying in.I didn't really think anything of this till I started reading some of the threads on here and I can see that some of you guys have know since like 28 weeks or whatever?!?!?Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?I had a growth scan at 28weeks (evetything appeared fine) and the baby was lying in a transverse postion then....but nobody commented on that-and since I still had 12 weeks left it didn't concern me either!
    Anyway I was just wondering!
    Cheers x

4. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

Pam the baby might be oblique. Mine moved from transverse to oblique for a couple days, then went head down.

5. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

My doctor checks the position every week. It takes like 5 seconds, they just feel down really low to see if the head is there. Ask your doc/midwife to check. They started checking mine at 30 weeks

6. naomi

naomi Active Member

I've got another app in 2 weeks so i'll ask about it then if they don't bring it up!!

7. Angelmouse

Angelmouse Baking #4

Flippin'! You need a suspension tank or something. One of those zero G pods. :lol: I'm right there with you tho hon; on my left I get acid reflux something chronic, on my back I just plain get stuck :dohh: and on my right Bubble starts complaining. The most comfortable position atm is during the day propped upright on the sofa with the cushions. :lol: It's a shame I don't get to snooze during the day much really. :D

8. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I think the baby is oblique really. From where I feel hand movements I think the head mustn't be too far off central. I've got my MW appointment on Monday so we'll see what she has to say. I guess she'll give me another 3 weeks before sending me for a position scan.