Questions for Mums to Twins!

My 12 week scan won't be until the 15th August when I'll be 16 weeks! I think it's a disgrace I don't understand how they can get away with that xx

How awful! Yes that is terrible I agree!
Suppose you can find out the gender from 16 weeks if that little silver lining helps?
But no it's wrong, the weeks drag until your 12 week scan, imagine going until 16 my goodness.
Poor you!

I just found out I’m pregnant with twins. I’m seven weeks tomorrow. I’ve never had a live child before but been pregnant five times and the only difference in symptoms was my test lines were super dark dye-stealers and I got a CB digi ‘3 weeks +’ when I was only 2.5 weeks past ovulation. I’m vaguely nauseous and with sore nipples in the past two days, but before that all I had was cramps and bigger nipples :shrug: but I saw two heartbeats on Tuesday so definitely got a pair in there at present!

Oh congratulations I am so happy for you.
I bet they will look after each other in there! :)
Thanks for replying.
Are you bloated at all?
I'm huge!

Oh congratulations I am so happy for you.
I bet they will look after each other in there! :)
Thanks for replying.
Are you bloated at all?
I'm huge!

Thank you! Not so much now but I was a couple of weeks back and I have had really bad gas (sorry TMI!) but I’m on a high dose of progesterone supplements so not sure if it’s that.

Did you just 'know' you were having multiples?
Were your symptoms different compared to previous pregnancies?
What symptoms did you have?

Me? I've vlogged everything this time around.
Nausea, upset stomach and fatigue began at just 4DPO.
I got my :bfp: with a FRER at 10DPO, also got 1-2 on a digi.
I got 2-3 on a digi at 15DPO (AF due day).

With DD I came off the pill and we were NTNP. I noticed one day my boobs were tender, realised my period would have been due around then and tested to find I was pregnant. First trimester was a breeze compared to this time around. I was tired sure, but was also eating loads and generally feeling fine.

To try for baby #2 I came off the copper coil (hormone free). Noticed new and more intense symptoms from 3-4 DPO. Since then I have been constantly exhausted, I sleep 9-10 hours at night and find myself getting drowsy around 1pm when my sickness wears off. My boobs feel like they're on fire they're bulging so much and I've had to buy wireless bras.

I can't eat before 1pm, food smells and sights make me feel nauseous before then and I am getting pain in my abdomen (dull cramps with the odd muscle twinge over the last few weeks). I'm not concerned about the pains but I never had these before either.

To sum it all up, I'm getting way more symptoms at a higher level of intensity and I got them from only days after I ovulated.

This is my 3rd pregnancy, I had a MMC in 2009, DD was born in 2012.

Open to suggestions, I know it doesn't necessarily mean a multiple pregnancy, but I am definitely suspicious! :)

Not to be a bubble burster, but I got bfp at 9dpo. 2 to 3 on digi at 15dpo, and it's a singleton. That's actually what i would expect at 15dpo. A 3+ at 15dpo would make me suspect twins.

Anyways, I do hope it goes the way you want it to though. It's fun and scary to entertain the ideal of twins. When is your scan again?

Monday, I'm happy for it to go either way, I only have my other two pregnancies to go on so who knows :)

Could all just be because it's a boy this time around. Not long now to know :)

I’m expecting twins. My hcg was quite on the low side but it almost tripled rather than doubled within 48hrs. My first blood draw at 16dpo came back at 120. With my singletons I had next to no symptoms, whereas with these two I’ve had extreme fatigue and some serious nausea but no vomiting. Symptoms and hcg levels vary from person to person, the only definitive way to know is through ultrasound. Good luck at your scan on Monday!

Thank you and congratulations:)
I dreamt of twins again last night, identical boys.
I can't wait for Monday! I just want to know either way!

Just the one baby! And typically about 2 days before my symptoms all backed off loads haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->