Questions for possible midwife

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Tomorrow DH and I are meeting with two midwives at different birth centers and I want to be prepared with questions to ask in finding the right match :)

I'm notorious for never having the right questions, no matter how prepared I feel, until AFTER meeting people - and it stinks. What are some questions, no matter how silly or obvious they seem, that we should ask?

DH isn't being much help when I asked him to think of questions, I think all he'll ask is if we can do a water birth and then give the thumbs up:dohh: lol

Thanks ladies!:flower:

I am totally rubbish with things like this, I can prepare everything I'm going to say in my head but then when it comes down too it I just blurt whatever comes out my mouth :haha:

Good luck, I'm sure when you get in there alsorts of questions will pop into your head :)

Write them down in a notebook and take notes.
Will they allow you to eat and drink? (You'll need to trust me. Your body will tell you when to stop)
How many babies have they delivered?
Percentage of transfer rate?
How many neonatal and maternal deaths?
Will they give you freedom of movement?
What is their protocol on different emergency scenarios?
What do they have on hand for medical supplies/emergency equipment?

Mummy to be - That's exactly what I'm trying to prevent!:haha:

Reidfidleir - Thank you for those :) A couple I did have already, but added those I didn't to my list.

I also see my MW today. Good luck with meeting your potential ones :) let us know how you get along :flower:

Well in short, it's going to be a tough choice! We loved both places.

We were totally set on the first place, DH wanted to switch over asap but I made us go to the second one and wow. The midwives at the second place are also naturopathic doctors so it's an awesome plus that made DH very interested. The second place started out a little awkward, but once we were sitting in a birth room we suddenly just started chatting and were there for at least an hour! DH said he felt he wanted to speak at the first place, but the mw never really gave us time to give our input and we were only there about 20 minutes. The only issue with the second place is it's a little far, if we got stuck in traffic it would not be good. Today we had freaky traffic and it took us an hour to get there - then again I've never seen traffic *that* bad driving to that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->