Questions for those that have come off the pill

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
How long did you take the pill for ?

How long did it take for AF to return ?

Did you have a regular cycle after taking the pill ?

Cheers! :D

I Took it from Sep 07 till Feb 09, I was on Cerazette.
I had AF the day after I stopped lol.
Ive used to have very irregular and heavy periods before going on the pill, one of the main reasons I did go on it. So im expecting that to start happening all over again, we are TTC in September so im giving my body a few months to settle down and get back to "normal"
xx

Iv been on verious different pills and the implant since i was 14

It took about 6 weeks for af to return, My first cyce after that was 36 days, then 28 days and im cd 27 today and am sure af is arriving tomorrow.

I Took it from Sep 07 till Feb 09, I was on Cerazette.
I had AF the day after I stopped lol.
Ive used to have very irregular and heavy periods before going on the pill, one of the main reasons I did go on it. So im expecting that to start happening all over again, we are TTC in September so im giving my body a few months to settle down and get back to "normal"
xx

I've just come off the pill and had the same results as bigbloomerz

I was on the pill (well 4 different pills) for 11 years and have had 28 day cycles from the day I've come off it about 3 months ago. Saying that I realise that I'm one of the lucky ones and other people take longer to get back to normal. I think there's just no way of telling how long it'll take for you...

I had been on mycrogynon on and off (mostly on) since i was 17 (about 12 years). I came off it in december and i went straight to a 28/29 day cycle for the first few months and then in the last 2 months i've had a 34 and then a 37 day cycle but i think that is due to stress - i think it would have been ok otherwise. Its certainly possible to go straight back to a regular cycle - who knows what happens with these weird and wonderful bodies of ours!

thanks for this post - i am on microgynon at the moment, and have a week or so left of my last packet and wondering how long things will take to get back to normal, but i suppose it is different for everyone. i will let you know! x

I was on cerazette for about 3 years and stopped in Jan 08, My AF came about 3 weeks later but was not regular. I fell PG in May 08 and they have real trouble with the dates cos my AF was so messed up.

Thanks for the info on this - I'm also on Microgynon and hoping my cycles will go back to normal quickly once I stop taking it (in approx July). I'm hoping I'll be lucky like my mum - she'd been on the pill for at least 5 years and the month after she came off got pregnant with me.

I have been on the pill for 5/6 years.. first mycrogynon, then yasmin, then marvelon and now Dianette. I had a 5 month break last year and went straight into 28-30 day regular cycles.. I think I was very lucky with that though. Hopefully will be the same again when I finally finish BCPs for the right reasons ;)

Thanks for the replies, interesting reading. :)

Hi i was on the pill for 9 years, came off on feb 09 (valentines day aww) Have had regular 30 day cycles since.

good luck x

I was on microgynon for 10 years, then a year's break, then another year before TTC. I had 30 day cycle, 27 day cycle then BFP! I think I was about 27 day cycle when not on the pill so I guess I got back to normal pretty quickly. Both of my bleeds were lighter/shorter than either on the pill or that I remember having when not on the pill. Not sure if this made a difference at all....

13 years

About 11 months

After about 14 months yes - im now a regular 30 days x

Hope this helps. xx

Cheers! :D

My first cycle was 57 days with loads of pregnancy symptoms

My second cycle got :bfp:

was on the pill for 9 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom