Questions, questions, questions!

wiiwidow

1st timer!
Reaction score
Thought I'd bung all my questions in one post, rather than posting several threads!! :dohh:
Questions about O:

*O is now 4 months and still quite sicky, he was never officially diagnosed with reflux as it never really bothered him that much, but he has always puked a lot after feeds. This can be up to one or two hours post feed, especially if on his front or back, but can be when sitting up quietly too. When is it likely to stop? Should I go and see someone or will it just stop eventually? :shrug:

*He's not rolling over yet (either way) is there anything I can do to help him. I thought maybe if he was naked it might be easier as he can't grip etc with socks on, or does it really not matter and he'll get there when he gets there? :shrug:

Now me:

*When did your hair stop falling out? It's driving me MAD, been going about 2 months now and seriously my hair is everywhere :wacko:

*I've still got painful knees, finger joints, and ankles...is this normal? Anyone else got it? I assumed it was from weight still to lose, carrying lo around and being unfit, which is fine...but I wasn't sure if there was any underlying reason/thing I could do...or just tell me to shurrup! :blush:

I'm sure there are more, but I just thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone had any helpful advice or just to say "me too!" Lol

Thanks in advance all :kiss:

My LO is about the same age - she's not rolling over yet either. I've tried pulling her by her hand to show her what it's like to go from back to front, but it hasn't made any difference. She did roll once from front to back at 10 weeks old but it hasn't happened since - I think she finds it harder to manouver now she's a bit bigger and has more weight to move.

I'm just going to let her get on with it now.

Hello :wave:

My LO is sicky like this too, it only started the past couple of weeks :shrug: So I will be interested to know when it stops! I'm getting fed up with all the washing she's providing me with haha!

Coralie has rolled a couple of times front to back, and she'll roll from her back to her side (generally to watch me or get a better view of the TV) but that's it. I didn't really do much to help her, just spent loads of time on the floor with her while she was on her tummy. I'd lay on my tummy too so we were face to face iykwim and when she eventually started rolling (last sunday!) I congratulated her and clapped and made a big thing of it every time.

My hair is still falling out :( It's horrible!!! I find my hair in EVERYTHING now. Gross :sick:

I didn't really suffer with sore joints or anything in pregnancy, so I don't really suffer now either so don't know on that one sorry! Although I do feel generally unfit now as I still have loads of pregnancy weight to lose. Even going up the stairs feels like a struggle somedays. I so need to lose weight :wacko:

My hairs still falling out!! :(
Saves me getting it thinned out at the hairdressers though!!

As for rolling over i think LO will do it when hes ready..
My back still hurts occasionaly if im sat or stood up too long.. (even though im below my pre pregnancy weight)..

Xx

hi ,
cant help with baba bits as my baba only 5weeks but with your joints this might help .... i had real bad spd crutches the works and went on to be told i had hyper-extension of the ligiments around the joints .... meaning once the ligiments are stretched it hurts like hell and takes up to 12months to heal ... im having physio so maybe ask your doctor for a referral hope it gets better xx

My LO is about the same age - she's not rolling over yet either. I've tried pulling her by her hand to show her what it's like to go from back to front, but it hasn't made any difference. She did roll once from front to back at 10 weeks old but it hasn't happened since - I think she finds it harder to manouver now she's a bit bigger and has more weight to move.

I'm just going to let her get on with it now.

Good to know, we're not the only ones hey! I know its nothing to worry about but its nice to know if there's anything I can do, or to just wait it out!

Hello :wave:

My LO is sicky like this too, it only started the past couple of weeks :shrug: So I will be interested to know when it stops! I'm getting fed up with all the washing she's providing me with haha!

Coralie has rolled a couple of times front to back, and she'll roll from her back to her side (generally to watch me or get a better view of the TV) but that's it. I didn't really do much to help her, just spent loads of time on the floor with her while she was on her tummy. I'd lay on my tummy too so we were face to face iykwim and when she eventually started rolling (last sunday!) I congratulated her and clapped and made a big thing of it every time.

My hair is still falling out :( It's horrible!!! I find my hair in EVERYTHING now. Gross :sick:

I didn't really suffer with sore joints or anything in pregnancy, so I don't really suffer now either so don't know on that one sorry! Although I do feel generally unfit now as I still have loads of pregnancy weight to lose. Even going up the stairs feels like a struggle somedays. I so need to lose weight :wacko:

Ah, sorry to hear she's just started with the sickyness! That's a pain! I was hoping it'd get better lol!

I do lie with O when he's on his play mat, but now he's discovered his fingers he just shoves them in his mouth, starts sucking and that's it! lol!

My hairs still falling out!! :(
Saves me getting it thinned out at the hairdressers though!!

As for rolling over i think LO will do it when hes ready..
My back still hurts occasionaly if im sat or stood up too long.. (even though im below my pre pregnancy weight)..

Xx
Thanks hun! My problem is I've got fine hair anyway, have visions of going bald at the rate my hairloss is going! My body already feels like a 90 year old don't need my hair to follow lol! As for your back, that's the one thing I've managed to help by doing stomach exercises. Just doing sit ups and back stretches, ease your back pain loads. Basically your stomach muscles stretch so much in pregnancy that they can't support your back like they would normally, however you need them more and more with picking up lo etc, so your back takes the strain and consequently feels like it's breaking!

hi ,
cant help with baba bits as my baba only 5weeks but with your joints this might help .... i had real bad spd crutches the works and went on to be told i had hyper-extension of the ligiments around the joints .... meaning once the ligiments are stretched it hurts like hell and takes up to 12months to heal ... im having physio so maybe ask your doctor for a referral hope it gets better xx

That's interesting actually, because I had such bad spd I was on crutches too by the end of my pregnancy...so maybe that's why my joints are bad now. My hips seem ok, its just the rest of my joints, which didn't play up before (but maybe over-compensated) are now killing me! :dohh:

My hair is worse now than it has ever been, just got a chunk out washing it this morning! My joints are rubbish - but they were quite crap before pregnancy, that relaxin actually helped me feel better jointwise (sorry you gals with SPD). Im assumin it is a combi of hormones and carting a baby round in hideously unhealthy positions (on my knees a lot more too).

Re rolling, my LO is 5 months next week and she has only rolled fron to back a few times (recently) and never back to front - she gets on her side then her arm gets in the way but I'm sure she'll do it when ready.

lol i know my hips are fine now apart from real bad clicking its my shoulders knees and wrists .... if its not one thing its another but physio really helps as does a good sports massage .... they hurt like hell but found it really took the pressure of for a week or so xx

Oh bugger about the hair loss...*damn*! Oh well, may have to resign myself to going bald then! lol

Again great to hear that 4 months isn't too late then for being particularly disinterested in rolling lol! He's having a great time right now on his mat, but no effort on the rolling!

Ooh sports massage, what a blummin good idea...off to hunt down that now! lol

My son has only just started rolling over the passed 2 weeks. There is no stopping him now. lol. H was sitting up from 5 months but seems to be a little lazy when it comes to rolling. lol. He still cant roll front to back. Only back to front. :dohh:

xx

hello,
tummy time is always good for development, but other than that I don't think there's much you can do to help him roll. He'll get it with time!

Hair - I have a lot of hair to start with, and MAN did I lose so much of it!! It stopped falling out when LO was 6 months and I stopped breastfeeding. The interesting thing is, it grows back...so now I have "baby hair" sprouting out all over, and it makes my hair look crazy in the front and super puffy and frizzy all over! It's the weirdest thing.

Ava-Mae isn't rolling either. She ofter brings her knees right up and rocks from side to side and I think oooo is this it and.....nada.

Re the hair falling out, I posted a thread about this the other day, asking if anyone had a spare wig and comparing myself to ending up like a barbie who was the victim of a 5 year old with a pair of scissors on a makeover rampage! Apparently when you are pregnant you grow more hair so the hair loss is all this extra hair coming out. Seriously it is driving me mental, I have to unblock the shower everytime as I end up with water round my ankles and Ava-Mae always has handfuls of my hair!!

Re the sickiness, Ava-Mae is still sicking up. It can be way after a feed and is sometimes clear. I put it down to her having learnt to suck/chew/lick her hands and is producing extra saliva and just bringing it back up. She does have reflux though.

xx

Thought I'd bung all my questions in one post, rather than posting several threads!! :dohh:
Questions about O:

*O is now 4 months and still quite sicky, he was never officially diagnosed with reflux as it never really bothered him that much, but he has always puked a lot after feeds. This can be up to one or two hours post feed, especially if on his front or back, but can be when sitting up quietly too. When is it likely to stop? Should I go and see someone or will it just stop eventually? :shrug:If it is up to two hours post a feed then i think you shoudl revisit the gp. LOs may well "grow out" of it but there is no harm in helping them out. My LO has started to settle down but i believe that is because she is now taking considerable solids. She needed gaviscon, etc well past 5 mths.

*He's not rolling over yet (either way) is there anything I can do to help him. I thought maybe if he was naked it might be easier as he can't grip etc with socks on, or does it really not matter and he'll get there when he gets there? :shrug:My LO was sitting at 5 mths but has only just started rolling at just over 7mths. Dont worry about it! As long as they get plenty of movement opportunities (on the playmat) they will develop at their own rate.

Now me:

*When did your hair stop falling out? It's driving me MAD, been going about 2 months now and seriously my hair is everywhere :wacko:Still is-i am sure i am almost bald

*I've still got painful knees, finger joints, and ankles...is this normal? Anyone else got it? I assumed it was from weight still to lose, carrying lo around and being unfit, which is fine...but I wasn't sure if there was any underlying reason/thing I could do...or just tell me to shurrup! :blush: An odd one that. If you were very fit before then i could understand it a bit. do you follow a good diet? Too little hydration and salt can cause this.

I'm sure there are more, but I just thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone had any helpful advice or just to say "me too!" Lol

:thumbup:

My son has only just started rolling over the passed 2 weeks. There is no stopping him now. lol. H was sitting up from 5 months but seems to be a little lazy when it comes to rolling. lol. He still cant roll front to back. Only back to front. :dohh:

xx
Lol...there's me thinking that all babies were rolling by 4 months and O was lagging! funnily enough he's doing quite well with the sitting too, but no rolling is too dull/much effort for him! x

hello,
tummy time is always good for development, but other than that I don't think there's much you can do to help him roll. He'll get it with time!

Hair - I have a lot of hair to start with, and MAN did I lose so much of it!! It stopped falling out when LO was 6 months and I stopped breastfeeding. The interesting thing is, it grows back...so now I have "baby hair" sprouting out all over, and it makes my hair look crazy in the front and super puffy and frizzy all over! It's the weirdest thing.
At least I'm probably doing all I can then :thumbup: Now that you've mentioned baby hair, I've had a look in the mirror and have little tufty bits at the front of my hairline...great, now going to be tufty too! Ah well, looks like it might be going for a while then!

Ava-Mae isn't rolling either. She ofter brings her knees right up and rocks from side to side and I think oooo is this it and.....nada.
Re the hair falling out, I posted a thread about this the other day, asking if anyone had a spare wig and comparing myself to ending up like a barbie who was the victim of a 5 year old with a pair of scissors on a makeover rampage! Apparently when you are pregnant you grow more hair so the hair loss is all this extra hair coming out. Seriously it is driving me mental, I have to unblock the shower everytime as I end up with water round my ankles and Ava-Mae always has handfuls of my hair!!

Re the sickiness, Ava-Mae is still sicking up. It can be way after a feed and is sometimes clear. I put it down to her having learnt to suck/chew/lick her hands and is producing extra saliva and just bringing it back up. She does have reflux though.

xx
Exactly that!! Rocks around then gives up again! Ah, must have missed your thread, I usually do a search before posting to see if I can find my answer, but totally missed that one! :dohh: Ah...I get it now so at least its extra hair that's falling out then...am tempted to just get it all cut off, it's SO annoying isn't it with the plughole/baby hands scenarios! Plus it's forever tickling the back of my arm, one of those little things that really grates!

Questions about O:

*O is now 4 months and still quite sicky, he was never officially diagnosed with reflux as it never really bothered him that much, but he has always puked a lot after feeds. This can be up to one or two hours post feed, especially if on his front or back, but can be when sitting up quietly too. When is it likely to stop? Should I go and see someone or will it just stop eventually? :shrug:If it is up to two hours post a feed then i think you shoudl revisit the gp. LOs may well "grow out" of it but there is no harm in helping them out. My LO has started to settle down but i believe that is because she is now taking considerable solids. She needed gaviscon, etc well past 5 mths. Ok, will check it with the hv next week and then maybe pop to the docs, he has been really phlegmy for the last month as he had a really bad cold, so it could be partly that too.

*He's not rolling over yet (either way) is there anything I can do to help him. I thought maybe if he was naked it might be easier as he can't grip etc with socks on, or does it really not matter and he'll get there when he gets there? :shrug:My LO was sitting at 5 mths but has only just started rolling at just over 7mths. Dont worry about it! As long as they get plenty of movement opportunities (on the playmat) they will develop at their own rate.Lol...as I said above he's doing well with the sitting so reckon he's going to be like your lo!

Now me:

*When did your hair stop falling out? It's driving me MAD, been going about 2 months now and seriously my hair is everywhere :wacko:Still is-i am sure i am almost baldBugger

*I've still got painful knees, finger joints, and ankles...is this normal? Anyone else got it? I assumed it was from weight still to lose, carrying lo around and being unfit, which is fine...but I wasn't sure if there was any underlying reason/thing I could do...or just tell me to shurrup! :blush: An odd one that. If you were very fit before then i could understand it a bit. do you follow a good diet? Too little hydration and salt can cause this.Not that fit before, though much fitter than I am now, may try and up my water intake as I'm a bit rubbish at drinking enough!

Thanks again :thumbup: xx

Yep, my hair is still falling out and everytime I haul myself off the sofa or out of bed my knees and ankles pop and creak :shock:

Myka has rolled front to back a couple of times (well, more of a topple actually)...she definitely seems to get much more traction barefoot

xxx

Questions about O:

*O is now 4 months and still quite sicky, he was never officially diagnosed with reflux as it never really bothered him that much, but he has always puked a lot after feeds. This can be up to one or two hours post feed, especially if on his front or back, but can be when sitting up quietly too. When is it likely to stop? Should I go and see someone or will it just stop eventually? :shrug:If it is up to two hours post a feed then i think you shoudl revisit the gp. LOs may well "grow out" of it but there is no harm in helping them out. My LO has started to settle down but i believe that is because she is now taking considerable solids. She needed gaviscon, etc well past 5 mths.

*He's not rolling over yet (either way) is there anything I can do to help him. I thought maybe if he was naked it might be easier as he can't grip etc with socks on, or does it really not matter and he'll get there when he gets there? :shrug:My LO was sitting at 5 mths but has only just started rolling at just over 7mths. Dont worry about it! As long as they get plenty of movement opportunities (on the playmat) they will develop at their own rate.

Now me:

*When did your hair stop falling out? It's driving me MAD, been going about 2 months now and seriously my hair is everywhere :wacko:Still is-i am sure i am almost bald

*I've still got painful knees, finger joints, and ankles...is this normal? Anyone else got it? I assumed it was from weight still to lose, carrying lo around and being unfit, which is fine...but I wasn't sure if there was any underlying reason/thing I could do...or just tell me to shurrup! :blush: An odd one that. If you were very fit before then i could understand it a bit. do you follow a good diet? Too little hydration and salt can cause this.

Meant to say tu, I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel