Questions

Layla

Reaction score
HIya,

I have a question for you all, i cant seem to find anything out about it.

Im just wondering at this stage how much everything weighs, i know the baby is between 2 and 3lbs now, but what about everything else?

Water, roughtly?
Sac, placenter etc

I can only find the weights for everything for when your full term. i just want to see how much 'weight' i have put on over the top of the baby weight if that makes sense so if anyone can help that would be great.

I feel so unhealthy today, walked up to the school and had to walk really slow coz of my hips, plus i couldnt breath that way, got out of puff a few times, felt so stupid, i just feel so heavy and i hate it, i really should have done more to lose Cobys weight before i got pregnant again i think.

x

I don't know if this helps Layla:

Why do I need all that weight?
Your baby will weigh about 7 to 7½ pounds at birth, so you may be wondering where all of those other pounds go. Your placenta and amniotic fluid will each weigh about two pounds. (So far, that makes 11 pounds that you will lose immediately at birth.) You will also have two extra pounds of breast tissue, two extra pounds of blood, four extra pounds of other fluids, two extra pounds of uterine tissue, and seven pounds of extra fat. The fat will help keep your baby well nourished during the pregnancy and give you reserves for breastfeeding.

x

thats for full term isnt it?

Think maybe then i might be on track, i have put on 10lbs in total. its hard to work it out at this stage

x

i still have 12 weeks to go lol still time

x

Layla, I think you've done really well to only put on 10lbs so far, I think I've gained approximately 18lbs.

• Normal - BMI 18.5 - 25 - If your pre (or early) pregnancy weight is classed as 'normal' this means that your weight is in the ideal range for your height and you should aim to gain between 25 and 35lbs during the course of your pregnancy. You should aim to gain approximately 5lbs in the first trimester and then about 1lb per week for the rest of your pregnancy. It is important to aim for a steady weight increase as this will ensure your baby receives the spread of nutrients he or she needs. If you notice any sudden increases or decreases in your weight then you should notify your health care provider as this could be a sign of complications. Many women find it helpful to keep a weight diary throughout their pregnancy so that they can monitor both their own and their baby's progress. Weigh yourself on the same day each week - mornings tend to be best - and remember to account for small fluctuations due to water retention.
  • Overweight - BMI 25 - 30 - If you are classed as being overweight you will need to put on less weight during pregnancy as you are already likely to have sufficient energy stores to help ensure your baby has all the nutrients needed. For this reason you are likely to gain between 15 and 25lbs during pregnancy. If you were trying to lose weight before you fell pregnant any strict diets should be abandoned, pregnancy is not the time for calorie counting. Instead you should focus on a healthy diet and plenty of gentle exercise to help control weight gain - talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
  • Obese - BMI 30+ - If you are classed as obese with a BMI of 30 or more you should expect to gain less than 15lbs during pregnancy as you already have the maternal energy reserves to help your baby develop. If you had a poor diet before you became pregnant you should focus on eating healthily and taking part in gentle exercise such as walking or yoga. This will also help reduce the risk of developing gestational diabetes, high blood pressure or complications with delivery. If you are concerned about your weight or your diet your doctor will be able to advise you.

Hiya Layla

I dont know specific weights for gestations, but the composition of weight gain is approximately -

39% Baby
22% Blood
11% Amniotic Fluid
11% Uterus
9% Placenta
8% Breasts

Everyone is so different in terms of weight gain and how they carry their baby, so there will be variations but here is a general weight distribution list which I came across.

However I think Rachie's percent distribution is more on target since every-one's weight gain will differ. To be honest, I hope I don't gain 30lbs (Mango blushes)

Weight Distribution

7 1/2pounds is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy

1 1/2pounds is how much the placenta weighs

4 pounds is attributed to increased fluid volume

2 pounds is the weight of the uterus

2 pounds is the weight of breast tissue

4 pounds is because of increased blood volume

7 pounds is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients <LI class=closebullets>2 pounds for the amniotic fluid

Total: 30 pounds

I've put on more than 30lbs now! https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/screams.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->