quick advice

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
Been TTC for 8 months and i'll be 37 in April. I went to the doctors at 6 months and he said they'll do nothing until we have been TTC to a year.

Due to my age i've been told i should go back and ask for testing - has anyone done this?

I'm quite anxious that as time goes on the chances of a good pregnancy goes down and the quality of the eggs reduces?

What happens when you get tested?

thx in advance

I took matters into my own hands and went to a fertility clinic w/o a doctor's referral. If your insurance doesn't require a referral, I suggest doing the same. It's worth piece of mind and you are over 35 so I don't understand why your doc won't order the tests for you. The other thing I would do--and this is just me--switch to a woman doctor. A woman might be a little more understanding of how you feel?? Maybe?

You can do a couple of easy test to start with or go all out your choice

I agree your Doc should have giving you options after 6 months

One quick easy test is a CD 21 blood test to see if you O and your progesterone level

Hi Pcsoph,

Same as the other ladies, I don't really understand why your doc is not advising to have tests done. I TTC for 2 years naturally and had quite a lot of blood tests done by my gynecologist. Still it was nothing compared to the tests DH and I went through went we started ICSI treatment at a fertility clinic. Am 37 now and wish I did all the "deeper" tests before as it's just a waste of time.
For example, DH 1st semen analysis was showing all ok but then we did a DNA Fragmentation, the results were not as good. Also, check if your falopian tubes are not blocked, do a scan to see all is ok inside ...etc.. A fertility clinic will take matters in hand and will give you piece of mind.
I also agree with Casper72 about the woman doctor, I just feel there is no way a male doctor can relate to what we are going through.
Good luck with it all and keep us posted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"