quick dinner ideas

zebbed89

mummy to mollie & wtt
Reaction score
Since oh doesnt get in until lo goes to bed unless im doing a stew or something like that i have to cook after and im fed up with eating the same things so some recipie ideas would brilliant! xx

I usually do a chilli once a week - can make beforehand and I just leave what's left with the lid on and have the following day. We usually have it with wraps and mayo as I can never be bothered to cook rice.

Or I cook a curry that will do for two nights too (fry onion with garlic, ginger and curry powder, add peppers, tin tomatoes, tomato puree, oxo cude, tablespoon sugar and lemon juice, a bit of water, then add some chopped potatoes and lastly the meat so it stays moist and doesn't go tough. Sometimes I throw in some spinach at the end). We usually have this with naan bread.

Cottage pie? Lasagna? anything that you can make and then freeze? Also, spaghetti and meatballs is my new fave meal! Its very quick, buy the meatballs ready made and just brown them for 5-10 mins, add some sauce and leave to simmer for 20 mins, then serve with spaghetti... delish!!

I am rubbish at thinking up new meals, I always think tomorrow I will get my cook on and prepare a few meals to freeze, but always get waylaid and dont get round to it! So we tend to go through cycles of certain meals LOL

I love cooking and before having a baby would spend lots of time cooking. Now I cant!
Anyway something I have started doing which is really quick is salmon fillets or chicken breasts with a spoon of pesto spread on top and cooked in foil in the oven. really tasty and very easy. We have them with potatoes or cous cous and broccoli or green beans

Also stir fry using those pre chopped bags of stir fry veg

Oooh those new bag things.... you get a bag and some spices/herbs in the pack and you whack some chicken in the bag, shake it up and throw it in the oven and it makes luvverly chicken!

They are dead cheap too, Tesco sell them for less than £1 and they were so nice and dead simple....

If on a Sunday we have roast chicken or something u used the left overs to make a chicken fried rice...
Fry onions, peppers (anything your got in really spring onion, mushrooms) in either garlic butter or oil and a chopped up garlic clove
Add left over meat
I sprinkle some cajun spice in
Use one of the Uncle Bens 2 min bag ( for quickness) (the mediteraniun one is lovely) cook in microwave as per instructions then add onto frying pan for 20 seconds.
Only takes a few mins and is delicious

You could also do the same as above but instead of using rice you could put the mix into fajitas

Have you got a slow cooker.... A roast chicken is fab done in one nice and juicy

Also used to love spending ages cooking! And now I have to quickly do dinner while LO naps! Did a really yummy super quick broccoli and stilton pasta bake.

Part cook pasta and broccoli
Fry some onions and garlic and mix wit loads of creme fresh and bit of stock
Put in big ceramic dish and stir in stilton
Put in oven

optional
sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grill!

Was sooooo quick and yum!

Forgot to say - great thread idea ladies!!

one of my faves is chicken pieces, in a baking dish then just throw in other things that can be oven cooked, like potatoes, cherry toms, onions, lemon pieces etc, yummy!

omelette and you can shove whatever veg and meat you fancy in it, I like mine more like a spanish omelette and sprinkle cheese on and grill in the pan - makes a fab lunch for Ollie and I - I cut him strips as he is blw....

I love fried cabbage and polish sausage. Cut up half a head of cabbage, throw it in a skillet with a little bacon grease, throw some garlic and seasoning salt on it and let it cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally, throw in some onions once the cabbage has cooked some and then throw in the polish sausage. It being done depends on if you still want some crunch left to your cabbage or if you want it completely cooked. It is easy and very yummy. You could use any sausage you like, I just prefer polish sausage.

We also do breakfast for dinner. Sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy or sometimes bacon, eggs, oatmeal, and pancakes - just depends on what kind of breakfast we want.

Tuna melts, like grilled cheese sandwiches but with tuna and cheese in the middle.

Chicken parmesan is very simple, I've made it a few times when we've had dinner guests and they think it is the best thing ever. You just need chicken breasts, pounded thin, dip it in eggs and then dip it in seasoned bread crumbs (mix parmesan cheese in the crumbs), place it on a pan and cook it for 10 minutes, turn it over and cook it for 5 more. Put some shredded parmesan or mozzerella cheese on top and add another 5 minutes to the timer and it is done. And then cooked spaghetti noodles (or any other noodles you'd prefer, I like to use penne) and sauce! I put the noodles and sauce down and then put the chicken on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->