Quick question about opks

tiggeroo

1 Angel & Pregnant
Reaction score
Just a quick question not sure if it is a silly one as not been in this situation before. I used a clearblue opk this afternoon and got smiley face. Is this really ovulation (13 days after m/c bleeding stopped) or can it be picking up leftover hormones. Sorry if this is a daft question. X

OPKs can pick up HCG so yeah if your HCG was still high you could get a positive OPK. But it's definitely possible to ovulate 2 weeks after bleeding. Do you have any other ov signs?

your HCG should have gone down quite a bit by now so if it was me I would err on the side of caution and assume it might be ovulation and BD! :D If you have any HPTs around you could do one and see if you're still getting a line? x

I can tell you I was 5w3 with my MC, I started MC 06/12 and bleed for about 1 week, on 06/19 a HPT was negative, but I still had my betas drawn, on 06/22 they were still 15, then I had them redrawn on 06/29 they were 0. I got a smiley on an OPK on 06/29 so I KNOW it wasn't HCG left over since I had blood drawn that am and it was 0, the OPK was + at about 430p on 06/29. I had been doing OPK since 06/20 and they were all negative until the 06/29 one.
Anyway we BD 06/30 but no BFP.

Hi hun
I passed the sac just over two weeks ago and got two negatives once i started testing and then a positive on the third day. negatives since until last night when i got a poistive so i am taking that as true ovulation.

A nice lady posted a link to a website which discussed using OPKs as pregnancy tests. HCG can take some time to leave the body, especially if not everything has come out yet.

BUT, n harm in DTD though now:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->