Quick question from all you lovely pregnant ladies

ccoastgal

Reaction score
I am in the TWW and as always it is going so slow! :coffee:
My question is for the last two days my gums have been bleeding quite a bit. Yesterday they were not tender or swollen but today they are a little of both. Did anyone have bleeding gums before you got your BFP? Any insight would help. TIA!

Mine always do in pregnancy, also my teeth are way more sensitive in pregnancy!

Thanks ladies. I guess I should of specified that they started bleeding when I brushed. I am hoping this is my sign that I will get a BFP soon!

Not before but literally a couple of days after I had bleeding gums , good luck!

Hi love, I know it's so hard to not symptoms spot but try not to. Some women may have by coincidence had bleeding gums in the tww, but I don't think one has anything to do with the other. I have heard of some women getting bleeding gums in 2nd and 3rd trimester but that's because there's so many other huge changes going on at that point. The tww is too early for ur body to have any actual changes because changes are due to raised hormone levels...which has yet to happen in the tww. I did a grad school thesis on this subject :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for u! Lots of love and baby dust

I don't care what anyone says or what studies say, I had symptoms during tww and knew I was pregnant before my bfp.. I've been pregnant 6 times and these symptoms ONLY happen when I'm pregnant!

Pink passion- I wasn't discounting ur or anyone else's symptoms, I think we as women can just know we're pregnant even before symptoms show up..the body is an amazing thing. All I was saying what the literature and research on the subject says...and what it says is any symptoms a woman feels before her hcg rises are psychosomatic...
That doesn't mean they're making it up, it just means it happens for different reasons than it does when it's due to the hcg rise, therefore it's best to not symptom spot.
Wishing u a Happy and healthy 9 months

Just a little about the definition and thoughts behind the term "Psychosomatic". Because it is a word that should be used with great care. It is a serious condition in which patients feel unwell yet the cause is never found after numerous (!) exams.
Physicians are usually advised to not label a patient as psychosomatic unless it is absolutely certain there is no other cause because the diagnosis can cause further mental distress.

If a woman is pregnant, there is actually a cause there. Meaning early symptoms, even if unusual can not be classified as "psychosomatic". When studying an average time frame for pregnancy symptoms to appear it does not mean there are no women that don't notice symptoms earlier. They are just not the average.

In their second pregnancy women are more sensitive to changes. We all know this can be more cramping and discomfort. If a woman is in a certain hormonal state, she may be more sensitive to even the earliest changes. Afterall it is not like nothing is happening in the body and if women can have symptoms with ovulation they can have them after conception as well.

The first time I was not sure whether I was actually pregnant or not. Though I did feel horrible one night two days after intercourse with severe nausea.
With my recent two pregnancies I felt the same way around the time of conception, plus I had strong cramping that made my legs tingle. The following days pregnancy discharge appeared. There can not be psychosomatic pregnancy discharge. My temperature rose, also unlikely to be psychosomatic. I had a heavy, sometimes buzzing or crampy feeling in my uterus.
And of course all pregnancies were confirmed so again can not be classified as psychosomatic.

Psychosomatic symptoms of any condition are extremely rare. Which is why doctors are advised to be so careful when using this term. A lot has to happen in a body to actually create symptoms that aren't there. Anyone that does not have a history of possible psychosomatic illnesses or a delicate mental state should never be classified as psychosomatic right off the bat.

The psychosomatic diagnosis has many enemies because it is feared that the medical industry can abuse this term to "silence" persistent patients. Just because the cause of pain is not found, it does not prove there is no pain...it is a very delicate subject.

In recent years there has been a trend in using the term psychosomatic. At Goethe Klinik in Frankfurt few doctors were discharged and many warned because they almost caused death in a young mother who was brought in with ulcers and given NSAIDS because they felt her symptoms were "psychosomatic" due to the location of the pain. I have written pages about this for the past year. In the end there were several patients labeled as psychosomatic who later died or found they have a serious illness.

Mine haven't bled at all this time round I don't think
But in general they always did, and I also haven't had the metallic taste in my mouth this time either :wacko:

First off- Well said Marumi! I couldn't agree with you more

Moving on- I had gum sensitivity early on as well as gagging while brushing my teeth. I absolutely never have those symptoms outside of pregnancy.

There can be many early indicators although every pregnancy is different. There is also absolutely nothing wrong about being hopeful when you have a particular symptom. If it's not common for you in the TWW then that's always a good sign. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->