Quick question regarding scans?

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I have an early scan today and have heard than an empty/full bladder can affect the pictures, but I'm not sure which one gives the best results.

So I'm just wondering whether I should go with full bladder or empty bladder?

TIA

I have an early scan today and have heard than an empty/full bladder can affect the pictures, but I'm not sure which one gives the best results.

So I'm just wondering whether I should go with full bladder or empty bladder?

TIA

go with a full bladder, if they cant see something they will ask you to go to the toilet and come back.

Early scans and 12 week scan you're advised to go in with a full bladder as it helps get a clearer picture.

600ml water prior to early scan is the recommendation here in Aus :flower:

definitely go with full bladder

I had a scan at 7+2 and was told to go with full bladder. During scan though she asked me to go to the bathroom as she needed to do a vaginal ultrasound instead as it wasn't clear enough (although I am overweight) so definitely go with full bladder because at least you can empty it quickly if needed but not so easy to fill bladder in such a short time if you went with an empty one

in the uk it will prob be a vaginal so it doesnt make any difference hun x

in the uk it will prob be a vaginal so it doesnt make any difference hun x

I'm UK and mine at 6+5 wasn't vaginal it was external and they got a great pic, she even congratulated me on my bladder fullness!, full bladder is needed though to get a pic (but don't over do it I nearly wet myself in the car park on the way in. About half to a pint 30 mins before is perfect.

for early abdominal scans you need a full bladder of they can only see the bowel but transvaginal work either way

depends on scan. Mine were all transvaginal in the early weeks and my bladder needed to be empty.

Thanks ladies. I've had the scan now. All went well :happydance:

I went with a full bladder but it was a transvaginal scan & they asked me to empty my bladder first!

Xx

I'd go with full bladder hun if ya can, I went to EPU and nurse said due to me being 8 weeks they doing vaginal so she told me too empty my bladder as much as I can I went 4 times to empty as I super duper filled up so they could get clearer pic, as soon as I got in the room they said we will try tummy 1st I said oh no I have a completely empty bladder nurse told me to empty, she said well we will give it a go if no success then try vaginal way, I was 8+4 days and seen everything perfectly baby, sac, heartbeat etc even baby was facing us :) <3 good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->