quick question..

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
soo.. when i'm bf'ing grady - he latches fine, etc. but I feel like he starts getting lazy when he's taking little sucks, but won't take himself off. Could it be that he's just comfort sucking at the end of his feed?
if i try and take him off, he starts screaming, BUT he ends up spitting up a lot of it..

any ideas?

Do you burp him at all? Maybe that's why he's throwing up? Or that you are eating somethin that is upsetting his tummy? Usually babies won't over eat...especially breastfed babies, they do usually comfort suck though, but that shouldn't cause him to throw up like that.

Hebe didnt learn to un latch herself for aaaaages! I started to learn her comfort suck was more like a little quivery suck rather than a rhythmic feeding suck iykwim. I think in time they learn not to take as much milk in this comfort sucking. Like mommyof3 said, they cant over feed so she'll get the hang in time x

I do burp him! And since he started throwing up, I do it more frequently as suggested by someone else on here. It has slowed down, but still does happen.
I eat a fairly boring diet, and there hasnt been much change, so I'm not sure what it would be from day to day that would cause him to be sick one day, and not the next. But I have been watching what I eat in fear of that!
And that's exactly what the suck is like! Usually when he's feeding, the little guy is practically chugging his milk - and I know his long sucks.. but he doesn't come off, and it's little sucks, which made me wonder if it's just him comfort sucking merely because the boob is in his mouth! lol.

That quivery suck is a 'ooooh mummy....i reeeeally love you.....lets sit here forever....:cloud9: suck!

Does he tak a paci? Maybe if you think it's the comfort sucking at the end causing it you could offer him a paci instead to soothe the sucking he wants to do and just cuddle with him with that after he nurses?

:lol: the confort suck is soooo cute, though hurts after a while :lol:

and I think the comfort sucks also feel like they could make you quite sore very easily too.

It does sound like a comfort suck to me, the reason he screams is probably because he is soo cosy, comfy and safe. Then his sucky thing gets taken away and he wakes up a little?
If he will take a dummy then just slip that into his mouth in place of you and you can keep on having cuddles :D

Thanks girls!
I'll try and be quick and do the nipple switch! :rofl:
I think he's too smart for that though.. I have a feeling he won't let me out smart him!! haha!!
Here's hoping it works!! :)

love those comfort sucks and i was tempted to stay there for hours! i gave winter a dummy. i knew that if she spat out and wouldnt settle she still needed more boobie, but most of the time she was more than happy after a good feed to have her dummy.

That quivery suck is a 'ooooh mummy....i reeeeally love you.....lets sit here forever....:cloud9: suck!

awwwww that just made me teary!!
its so true, i cant get violet to take a dummy and it does sometimes get me down when i always seem to have her in my arms and cant get anything else done..
BUT she is just lovin me and in her most favourite safest comfy place in the world!
i esp love it when i talk to her or touch her cheek and she smiles with closed eyes, its a very special feeling :cloud9: and i wanna stay like this forever..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->