Quick question

Wishing_well

Reaction score
Which name do you prefer?
And which do you think goes better with Quinn?

Juno or Ramona

(More people over here ;))

I prefer Ramona, but only because I know quite a few little Junos (I think there must have been a spike in that name after the movie came out). Also the girl on our street gets called "Ju" all the time, which I always hear as "jew" and have to do a double take.

I prefer Ramona, but only because I know quite a few little Junos (I think there must have been a spike in that name after the movie came out). Also the girl on our street gets called "Ju" all the time, which I always hear as "jew" and have to do a double take.

Yep that's why we're torn.
We love it as it's actually the name of a goddess, but the film is the first thing people think of. It's a unique name over here in the UK though.
And I love Ramona (again because it's uncommon) but fear it will be shortened to Mona/Moaner!

Yep that's why we're torn.
We love it as it's actually the name of a goddess, but the film is the first thing people think of. It's a unique name over here in the UK though.
And I love Ramona (again because it's uncommon) but fear it will be shortened to Mona/Moaner!

Yes I find the popular or trendy names can be very different here compared to there, so I wouldn't go by what I say. I do like the name Juno though!

I live in Northern Ireland and don't know one single person called either. The only thing about Ramona is that it reminds me of your woman in the real housewives of orange county or somewhere :) but hey who is going to remember that shortly!

I really like Ramona :) but I think both names are unique and lovely. Im from the UK too and certainly havent heard of anyone called those names where I live. X

Just be careful of Ramona Quinn, it's awfully similar to Ramona Quimby. I don't think she'd get made fun of for it, but it might be odd with a name so similar to a kid's book character.

Just be careful of Ramona Quinn, it's awfully similar to Ramona Quimby. I don't think she'd get made fun of for it, but it might be odd with a name so similar to a kid's book character.

Quinn is my first daughters name. This is for my second daughter :)

And I have no idea who that is!

I'm in the Juno camp now I've come round to it! Although I think Ramona is gorgeous I hadn't thought of Mona and I see your point...

As for 'Jew' - we refer to Jack as 'joo' or 'joo-bug' often, which came from 'jacky-joo' etc etc haha. I think it's cute :)

OMG I totally forgot about those books! My babysitter had a bunch of them when I was a kid! I haven't ever seen them since though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->