Quick question

Layla

Reaction score
HI guys,

Hopein someone can advise me on this...

I was switched from midwife lead to consultant care a while back coz of the risk of diabeaties, my dad has late onset type 2 and my sister got it during her pregnancy, so because of this, and coz Coby was over 9lbs, they wanted to monitor me.

Yesterday i saw my consultant and he wants to see me every 4 weeks, this is a bit of a pain as the hospital is 40 mins drive away.

I had a diabeaties test done myself through my doctors and it came back as 4.1 which is fine.
Also i have still only put on 1lb, so it looks like im only putting on baby weight instead of extra weight, if that make sense.

Anyway, what i want to know is, takeing all that in to account, can i refused consultant care? i really dont feel the need to be check up on every 4 weeks, i knw im eating sensilbly, my sugar levels are fine and this baby is the right size so far, if anything is slightly smaller as it was messureing 20 weeks and i am 21 weeks.

What rights do i have over this? im not due to see my midwife for a while so i cant ask her about it yet.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

x

You could request to see your MW Layla - Thats what they are there for

Are you not getting growthing scans with the consultant care?

x x

If you were put under consutant lead care im so so sure you can refuse??

The MW might not be happy to do this either as consultants hae more knowledge in fields they don't ... so they may just say no for alot of reasons.

Ask to see your MW and come to some sort of arrangement like see your MW ever 4wks and consultnt every 6wks??

Hope you get sorted hun

xxx

Im sure u could refuse hun, but i would def speak to ur midwife an like Imi said see if u can work somethin out to suit u!
Hope u get it sorted Layla!
xx

You can refuse Consultant Care Layla, its just an additional care service thats offered. Generally I would never advise anyone to refuse Consultant Care because its only offered when deemed necessary, therefore in your best interests. However I am under a Consultant but choose to see him as little as he'll allow - My Consultant asks me how often I want to see him because we are both confident that things are progressing nicely. I'm allowed to come to any of his weekly clinics between appointments should I be worried about anything.

My Midwife hasn't made me any more appointments and has left it that I can book any appointments I feel I need. I know a lot of women wouldn't be comfortable with this, but it suits me.

Discuss the situation with your Consultant if possible, they are understanding of different circumstances and may be able to provide a more fitting care plan. If its really just a precautionary measure your Consultant may be happy for you to have regular Midwife checks and an open consultancy clinic policy should you feel you need it.

Hi Layla, i would speak to your consultant and as rachie has said you could arrange with him a more suitable care plan, such as every 6 weeks or something instead of 4?
Keep us updated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"