Quinn's arrival

Qmama79

Mother of Finley Ethan(3)
Reaction score
Quinn was born April 04 at 09am after a rather uncomplicated labour. He was 3 days late.

April 3rd I decided to just rest and relax after weeks of keeping busy. I took as well a minimal dose of castor oil (2.5 tablespoons over 6-7 hours) to get going or at least help me have a bowel movement. It didn't do the latter, but early labour started at 7pm. I had mild contractions every 3-4 minutes lasting about 30-45 secs. Not very painful. I decided to go to bed & rested/slept til about 2am and contractions started becoming more painful then. I called it into L&D and they asked me to come in fr assessment; 2cm & thinning nicely. They sent me home with a leaflet of early labour. I got home & decided to crawl into bed. No more than 15 mins later my waters broke. The mild pain went from 4/10 to 8/10. Contractions every 2-3 minutes lasting 45-60secs. I was back at L&D within an hour & was 5cm dilated, and cervix progressing fast. Next check 7-8 cm and agreeing to an epidural. I was panicking it wld be too late. Contractions were back to back. Cld not sit, cld not stand, cld not talk anymore. I got epi at 7.30am and a blessing. I was put on low dosage as I naturally have low blood pressure & was monitored as baby had decelerations with my contractions. When checked I cld start pushing 30 mins later. I felt every contraction & pressure but no pain, I cld move my legs and reposition. Little Q's heart rate was worrying the docs and an OB was called. I didn't like him at all.
It was decided to have a vacuum delivery... All I cld think was 'cone head baby' and while the OB went to get changed into his surgical outfit I just pushed with every breath I took. His head was born half a minute after the OB left the room. My regular doctor had her back to me and was surprised things were happening fast. His cord was around his neck. Next contraction the body was out. It took a few minutes to get going, but then he started crying & he was put onto me. I gloriously smiled at the OB when he came in all dressed up.
The pushing did lead to a second degree tear, but glad I didn't have to get a vacuum delivery.
On the side, just before pushing I warned the staff that I over the past 9 months had eaten more than I pooped & was hoping to have one of those clear outs before labour. I pooped every single time I pushed down ... For an hour!!

Congratulations. Glad you got your baby out without the vacuum.

Qmama congratulatons! Welcome, little Quinn! :happydance:

I am glad you were able to push him out by yourself - just goes to show what our bodies are capable of :hugs:

Congrats on pushing that baby out all by urself!! I might be with you on the pooing ;) this constipation is killing me! I'm sure those doctors have seen it all

Congrats, well done on getting him out by yourself!!! I laughed at the pooing part.. wow. 1 hour of poops :rofl:

Congratulatons!how empowering to push him out yourself after the dr left to get changed

Yay!! Congrats!! And I cannot believe you were pooing for an hour!! You must feel amazing!! Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->