Quinny zap?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if these are any good
from your experiance.. I have a 18 month
old and at the minute i have a Luna its
fine but i wanted something more for little
trips as im trying to get him walking more
and only going in his buggy when hes tired..

Iv heard quinny zap is unstable and wobbley?
My son weighs quite alot around 30lb.. i just
don't want to get one if it brakes on me or
something silly

Any feedback would be great!

The zapp is fine as long as you don't need alot of storage, I've had a few of them but sold them on as my ds still likes to have a nap sometimes. Have you thought about the petite star zia? https://www.nurseryvalue.com/reworked/petite-star-zia-jet-black-reworked.aspx

Everyones been saying to get one of those they look the same i think?
but iv heard there better not sure? its not a problem to lay back as my
son will sleep sitting up he sleeps any way possible! lol im hoping he might
walk more and just go in it if hes tired or needs a rest,

Ill have a look on ebay at petite stars see if theres any i like

We tried a Zapp but with no storage whatsoever i didnt find it any good. A bag on the back and it would tip if lo wasnt sitting in it.
It did feel a bit too flimsy for me aswell though i got a second hand one.

The petite star zia we had a try with but i found the handles too low (im 5"4")

Im about 5ft 3 so i bet it would feel like im pushing a dolly pram i had one like this before i feelt so silly pushing it! .. Iv won a quinny zap now for like half the price i expected to pay for one.. iv brought a underneath storage basket for the actual pushchair which looks really good quite big :) i just hope my son will fit in the pushchair now as hes just tall and quite chunky.. fingers crossed! but its only for him to be napping in if were out im trying to get him walking alot more hopefully we can wean off the pushchair after abit but i have a spare pushchair if its not 100% ideal ill have to just deal with it

Im abit of a buggy addict iv had over 10 and hes only 1 and half! :dohh:

You sound like me with the buggy's lol had that many lost count, hope you get on ok with it x

I loved my Zapp, hated hated hated the Zia. The Zapp is much more sturdy and all fabrics come off to wash and its not as flimsy, also the zapp is much nicer to push.

Eeee..
iv saw a zia today while out in the colour i was going to get too
wasn't so keen but im so excited to get my quinny! i hope its okay for
me and my son when it comes should be next week sometime! xD!!

i have a zapp and still use it if morgan needs a rest (she is 2)
i love my zapp its light weight, easy to steer with one hand, folds tiny

only con is the lack of storage but that doesn't bother me means i don't buy as much when i'm out :rofl:

:haha:!

True very true! ..
i think the stroage basket iv ordered will do me i only need it for any little bits i get
out i take his rucksack now out with me few nappies and wipes and juice in it.. that goes
on back of handles as its not heavy.. fingers crossed he fits in the buggy now as hes just a chunky lad lol!

I have the zapp as well and love love love it. It's actually my favourite pushchair so far and beats the luna mix I have to the point where I don't like the luna anymore :rofl:

Storage I havn't really had an issue with I just buy less or take a different buggy with more storage out with me :blush: (the bonus of having a couple of pushchairs lol)

I hate the raincover on it though thats the only thing lol

I HATED the Quinny zapp! For the followif reasons:

- it didn't come with footmuff (u have to spend an extra £55)
- You (and baby) feel every lump an bump in the road
- I put 1 medium weight shopping bag on the handle and when I took my baby out it toppled over
- it is quite upright and doesn't recline at all! My poor little man couldn't nap so he screamed the whole time because he wanted to get out. When I tried putting him back in he just kept archig his back and the pram couldn't hold his weight and just kept toppling over it was a nightmare
(I only had him in it 2 hours and the whole trip was a disaster. Tried him in it twice and had the same problems so I had to sell it less than a week old)

The only good point is that it fold up really small.

Have a look at the zapp extra. That looks better because it reclines and the wheels look better quality. Not used it though. X

Well i think its okay not had a problem so far :)
my son naps in his aswell he don't mind he just puts his head to the side and i
put the hood up and a blanket under his head so hes comfy :) i don't put bags
on it well i had about 4 on it not really heavy and it didn't tip bit i tend to take my bags
off before i take my son out :lol: .. and i brought a storage bag for the quinny it
goes underneath the buggy and its quite good tbh for little small things/drinks etc :)

the only problem i have with mine is the front wheel every crack i go over like
if its paving on the floor or anything with the lines on it makes such a loud
noise like a trains coming or something :dohh:

I HATED the Quinny zapp! For the followif reasons:

- it didn't come with footmuff (u have to spend an extra £55)
- You (and baby) feel every lump an bump in the road
- I put 1 medium weight shopping bag on the handle and when I took my baby out it toppled over
- it is quite upright and doesn't recline at all! My poor little man couldn't nap so he screamed the whole time because he wanted to get out. When I tried putting him back in he just kept archig his back and the pram couldn't hold his weight and just kept toppling over it was a nightmare
(I only had him in it 2 hours and the whole trip was a disaster. Tried him in it twice and had the same problems so I had to sell it less than a week old)

The only good point is that it fold up really small.

Have a look at the zapp extra. That looks better because it reclines and the wheels look better quality. Not used it though. X

It does say on it not to hang bags on handles all strollers say the same, obv its going to tip over if you take child out and leave a bag hanging off it. My son slept fine in it as the seat moulded his body but it doesnt recline so if you wanted one for your son to sleep in you should of bought one with a recline. Also its not suitable for small babies but a great stoller for a toddler. Yea it is rattly when pushing but it isnt exactly a buggy for walking with so what would you expect its a small stroller perfect for shopping centres and on holidays. Very little strollers come with a footmuff and they can be picked up cheaply on ebay if needed.
IMO it doesnt exactly what it says on the tin, loved my Zapp's and yes ive had more than one of them.

Becyboo__x glad you are happy with it, its a great nippy little stroller:thumbup:

The reason i got it was just for going out short distances really to the park or to meet friends etc.. and its small enough to fold up so i can get on the train or even if i need fold on the bus (which is never a problem so far) .. I wasn't fussed about reclining as my son only naps for a short period when we go out and hes happy enough to nodd off how the buggy is which i don't see a problem :) he used to hate being laid down :shrug: .. but I think having this will help me with getting him walking more as if somewhere is really close i can walk with him just gives me the option if i want to take a buggy or not :D

Im happy with it though its doing its job and hopefully this will be the last pushchair for him :)

Treelo, I see you're very protective over your pram, do you work for Quinny? Lol. :p My little man was a toddler but still didn't suit him as he likes onto recline more when he naps (i obviously didn't find this out until I bought one that didn't recline!). I didn't go on a off road trip just to the local shopping centre lol but obviously from car to indoor you have to go over some wobbly pathing. As for the bag, well the point I was making was that there is no room at the bottom for all your bags. The bag I had on the back just had some birthday cards and wrapping paper in it. Tbh it prob wasn't the bag on the handle it was the fact my little man was pushing back on it so much when i tried putting him back in it just didn't take his weight. As for the footmuff - most cheap strollers I've seen come with footmuff's as did the mothercare one £55 and it came with footmuff, and raincover and it reclined. I just think Quinny is more a 'brand' thing than practicality as you can get so much more for less money (although none of the others fold up as small) But that's just what I found for us, so of you like it then go for it :) you may not have the probs I had. :) x

I did like the fact it folded up tiny so I can see it would be useful for short trips. Hope u enjoy it! X

I wish lol!! Would save me a fortune. Im very fussy with prams and buggys and car seats. For the boys ive had over 70 prams and buggys and am a complete pramaholic. I look into prams and buggys a lot and do a lot of research before buying one, havent always done but learn from my mistakes. Obv everyone has different needs when buying a pram/buggy for me the zapp is a great boot buggy or for using on public transport. I have found over the years that cheap buggys don't last, the wheels wear down quickly, they aren't nice/easy to push, can be heavy to push, aren't very comfy for baby/toddler. In saying that i dont like all expensive makes some are horrible and i usually buy 2nd hand as some are silly prices, some cheaper prams are nice and good but it does pay to read up a lot on them and ask online about the buggy you are thinking of getting before buying one. I don't like all Quinnys not a huge fan of the Buzz at all had an older model one yrs ago and hated it lasted a day with it.

You can get storage things for the zapp..
either one underneath which iv got and its not bad.. so it won't tip..
then theres another you can get to go at the back of the buggy but that
would be just the same as putting bags on the handles i thought but i usually
take my son's bag with me with spare set of clothes/wipes/nappies and juice and
hang that on the handles and always been fine but i think as my son's quite chunky
he weighs it down more :haha:

Becy, yeah I didn't get the basket for the back either, because isn't that the same as just handing bags on the handles? Lol. You can get pram weights that you strap on to the front wheel part but it's just more expense. If you don't need to Carey much then it's not an issue but I have a massive changing bag which would only just squeeze inthe bottom.

Treelo, I've definitely learned to do lots of research before buying a pram now. I've been looking for months for the right tandem to get for when my next bambino arrives and it's driving me insane. I end up looking for hours at reviews and YouTube. I'm now torn between phil and teds explorer or vibe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->