QuinnyCaster Zapp Xtra review

sugarkane

Reaction score
Having being picked to be a Quinny Caster back in September I thought I would post my findings so far, hope this helps somebody.....:thumbup:

Having had the Quinny Zapp Xtra for around three months and after putting it through its paces almost daily over that time I would say its holding its own very well. Although it is able to accommodate children from birth to 15kg I have primarily used it for my 14 month old and have found him to be comfortable with adequate space, having said that it is still extremely compact and fits into our small car boot very well.

Unlike its predecessor the Quinny Zapp the Xtra is now a two unit pushchair thus enabling the reversible reclining seat, at first I thought this would be cumbersome when folding but in fact the Xtras ultra smooth mechanism means it can be done one handed with ease.

The Zapp Xtra is light weight and very maneuverable, although I have found that one side of the chassis has become loose due to over zealous one handed steering. If your looking for a light weight compact travel system/pushchair for around the shops and town the Quinny Zapp Xtra really fits the bill however if you want to use it on more robust terrain it would be more difficult to master.

The basket is on the small side and its nearly at full capacity once the rain cover is stored in there, but with such a small pushchair a bigger basket would be impossible. The rain cover cleverly fits on to the seat not the chassis therefore enabling it move when changing seat positions in both the rearward and forward facing modes. The Zapp Xtra also incorporates a large hood with extra flap which on the whole I have found protects my son getting sun in his eyes around 98% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->