R.I.P Garry Speed!

Very sad news, i hope he is now at peace x

Devoed!! I loved him when he was at Everton, although he left under controversial reasons (undisclosed) he was still a great player. Seen him on Football Focus yesterday and he seemed very sane and not like a man on the egde? Such a terrible shame.

I am shocked, not a big football fan but was when I was younger and he was playing. When I was reading on twitter about the sad news about him I thought it was he'd been sacked or something :( xx

RIP Mr Speed. I also watched him on football focus and he seemed completely fine, even cracking a few jokes, always unerves me when something like this happens. Just shows you can never tell what someone is thinking or how they are feeling. Things must have been pretty awful for him to go the way he did. He was so young as well. Thoughts go out to his close friends and family. Always a legend in my book, a true gent and he will be missed.

Terribly sad. We never know what torment lies under people's public face do we?

this has just made me very teary.
im a huge football fan an cant believe hes gone!
those damb demons took over.
im so sorry he lost his battle with his demons.
such sad news

I am absolutely devastated by the news of Gary's death. I'm a huge football fan, and Welsh, and live about 15 miles from where Gary lived and went to school, and I am completely gutted about news of his suicide.

I watched him on Football Focus yesterday, and DH and I had a discussion on the clubs he had played for.

As a journalist I covered the area Gary lived in and where his parents lived, and would regularly speak to his dad. He is such a lovely guy. When we (Wales) were in the playoffs for the Euros, our paper went mad on it, especially as Gary, our local lad, was captain. Gary's dad had said it would be okay for me to call him before and after the game to see if I could speak to Gary, which I did. His dad would ring me every time I wrote something about Gary (he did loads of local charity stuff), just to say thanks.

I didn't know him at all - but I know people who do and did, people who went to school with him etc.

I'm just completely gutted - and for his wife and kids. Him and his wife had been together since school. Basically all their teenage and adult lives. So tragic.

such terribly sad news. I really feel for the ones left behind. x

I'd never heard of him, as i'm really not into football, but my OH is, and was in shock yesterday and kept talking about it, and just thinks that something 'isn't quite right' obviously we'll never know the full story, but as its been reported, just seems quite odd. like him being on football focus in the morning, and then the police being phoned at 7:08 the next morning.. i duno, just seems a little strange.

thoughts are with the family, must be under so much to take your own life so suddenly like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->