R.I.P Garry Speed!

I'm not a footie fan at all but it's clear he was an inspirational man, loved and respected. He was so young and had such a beautiful family. It's such a shame :(. I hope he can rest in peace.

Have a feeling that it will come out that he's gay.
That's the rumour circulating the footballing world and the press had got hold of a story...
So sad. Rip xx

Have a feeling that it will come out that he's gay.
That's the rumour circulating the footballing world and the press had got hold of a story...
So sad. Rip xx

I've heard this too.

So sad.
xxx

I dont like speculating about this sort of thing but I've heard a few things, one of them was that when he was playIng for Leeds United him and a few team mates enjoyed gambling quite a bit and the press were going to release this big hush hush story about something he did back then. I don't think it's true though, and we probably will never know the real reason.

I must say it would be incredibly tragic if the media had something to do with it...

its just terribly sad and to think he was so calm and relaxed in his last interview and then to take him own life a few hours later. I alwasy think to take your life you would not be able to function like he did just a few hrs before, you never know do you.

I'm sure it will come out that the press had something on him, if it does it's just so so sad...

Being really honest I hate these kinds of stories when they come out. His family are the only people who deserve and need to know the whys of what happened. I really do think that these stories have no place in the news as it is just none of our business.

I dont like speculating about this sort of thing but I've heard a few things, one of them was that when he was playIng for Leeds United him and a few team mates enjoyed gambling quite a bit and the press were going to release this big hush hush story about something he did back then. I don't think it's true though, and we probably will never know the real reason.

I must say it would be incredibly tragic if the media had something to do with it...

it's hard not to speculate, if it was someone like gazza you'd kind of understand it, same with Paul Merson or stan collymore. All have depression, alcohol and gambling problems, you could put it into perspective a little bit more. But fir someone who has no known addictions or mental Heath problems it's just so bizarre.
My DH works in yhe football industry and he thought it may be this then he was told of the rumour as well. It's probably the most taboo thing left in the game, so it would make a little more sense as it's one thing no footballer (or not many) that would admit too?
Maybe it's not and it is just speculating but I feel so bad for his wife that she found him. Joey Barton has been slated for calling it selfish (altough Reading the quote on Twitter they've homed in on the selfish part) .... Isn't it kind of what people are thinking just won't say out loud. Maybe well never know???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->