rafwife????

Thanks for letting us know, hope she's home soon!!

thanks for kepeing us updated - we were worried, but I'm so pleased everything seems to be fine.

xxx

Thanks for the updates, were all thinking of her, and looking forward to chatting again soon

Thanks for update, glad things are well x x

Thanks for the news, sounds like she is getting the right attention which is great. Hope all goes well xxxx

I'm glad things are stopping and home your home soon xx

Thanks for the update!! Glad LO and her are ok :hugs:

That's great news! :hugs:

Love your avatar! x

Love your avatar! x

He's great, isn't he?

Looks like I'll be bringing her home tonight, so she'll be on to chat to everyone about what they've said to her. They're still being very cautious, so the deal is home tonight (assuming nothing changes!), back in for a bit of monitoring tomorrow, and no travelling back to Yorkshire until the end of the weekend.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Aww thats great news.I have been through the same just recently.the body is a mystery! Good luck with house move xx

Thats great news she is doing well :) xxX

Hi girls,

Just got back and thank you so much for all your thoughts, It means a lot! The hospital was fantastic, but very small and had no facilities to get online to update anyone so I'm glad my OH got a chance to when he got home.

I started getting pains at about 12pm on Tuesday and some fluid loss so when for a walk with OH where it seemed to ease off, but by 5ish I was in a bit of pain so rang the hospital who asked me to monitor it for a couple of hours before going in. It hadn't got any better, so we were asked to go down to the labour ward where I was hooked up to a machine that measures contractions. To give you an idea, I *think* the machine goes up to 100 and mine were getting to about 35/100 with each contraction. So not proper labour ones, but still enough to be sore and uncomfortable. We were on delivery until about 1am, then I was transferred to maternity while OH went home and got some sleep.

The first night was pretty uncomfortable. I was trying to sleep, but as the contractions were every 10mins I was woken up every time I had one until about 7am when they could give more pain relief but by that point I couldn't sleep. They gave me another internal and my cervix was still closed, but Sophie was head down and I was still getting regular contractions so they lined up a transfer for me to hospital that could handle premature births, and gave me the first round of steroids. This was all just precaution though, as until my cervix dilated or waters went they were happy to keep monitoing me.

My contractions eased up late last night, then tailed off totally so I've been allowed home today on the proviso I go back in tomorrow. I'm feeling tired and achy but I assume the aches are from my muscles tensing so much. All in all, I was in contractions for about 30 hours.

I've been taken care of really well, as even though it was a small hospital I was really impressed. I was initally worried about being so far from home, but they made me feel so much better when I was there.

I've been advised not to return to work, so we shall see. I'm not allowed to travel home until after the weekend either, and they've had a good look at me tomorrow though I'm sure everything will be fine.

I've picked up a lot of tips though for when labour does happen, like sleep WHENEVER you can. I was bloody shattered, and they weren't even full blown contrations!

Thanks again girls for thinking of me. :hug: It's so lovely to come back to all these messages of support.

I'm so glad you and Sophie are alright. I know it must all have been exhausting and frustrating but it's a good thing that they were so careful with making sure you and bubs are ok. I hope you can continue to rest lots now.

I was quite worried for you for a while there!

Glad your OK hun! Get lots of rest!

Great News Rafwife , glad everything is now under control. Get some rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"