Rainbow baby is measuring a week behind

Peanutt

Reaction score
By my LMP, I should be 7+1 today. Yesterday I went in for a dating ultrasound and rainbow baby measured only 6 weeks with a HR of 102.
I was charting and know when I ovulated. Plus, we didn't BD after ovulation. I got my BFP 14 DPO. 16 DPO my HCG was 623. 18 DPO my HCG was over 1500. My progesterone was borderline (12.9 and then 11.9) and I'm on supplements now.
The doctor thinks I have my dates wrong but I know I don't. The doctor said he thought everything was good and scheduled me for a repeat scan in 2 weeks. I know measurements can be off when it's that early but the heart rate concerns me. I read everyone else has HR in the 110's, 120's and higher at 7 weeks.

I've been TTC #1 since 2012 and had a MC in August 2014 at 5 weeks. I'm just so worried about my rainbow baby.

Remember just because you know when you ovulated doesnt mean you didnt implant late. You may have had a late implanter which results in them seeming "behind". Soon enough though they catch right up. As for the hb, it starts on the lower end and rises up from there. Most often enough, the babies who implanted late catch up in the following couple weeks. Good luck.

They did this with me, put me back to 7 weeks when I was 8 . then at the 12 week scan had to change it back and put me a week forward, don't worry xxx

When they measure, they are doing so in mm so tiny tiny units and if you've ever watched the screen while they're doing it, the slightest movement can change dates dramatically. At my 12w scan it went from 12w6 to 12w then 12w4 which is what she decided on!! Also bubs could be scrunched up so the crl will be shorter than if it's stretched out.
Fx for your next scan but I reckon all will be fine. Good luck. Xx

I was also put behind a week but I know I ovulated late.
As for a heartbeat, that heart rate is good for the size of baby (6weeks). When the heart starts out, it's slower but eventually picks up.
Mine was also slower, they told me but didn't say what it was. When I went for my next scan, heart rate was good.

You are very lucky to see a beating heart at 6 weeks old. As week goes by it will only become stronger.

Seriously dont worry as youve said its hard to see this early. These scans can be out by 7 days at this point.

I went in at 7+1 baby measured 6+5. At my 12w scan she was bang on dates.

I didn't get a BFP until day of my missed period (13dpo) and was sure when I ovulated. I was measuring 5 days behind at my first scan at 8 weeks. I was sure I had a late implanter as I had a total BFN 2 days before my missed period. When I went for my 12 week scan baby had caught up and was measuring bang on! It's so early please dont worry. I'm sure I've read when the heart first starts it is slower and speeds up, so if baby is only at 6 weeks everything is likely fine :flower: xxx

Thank you ladies. You've helped me gain back a positive outlook. Having had a previous MC, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Instead, I should remember that there's a precious little bub inside with a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->