Random - do you take 'selfies'?

laurajo24

Reaction score
I've never taken a selfie. I don't know why but something about them seems a bit vain. But people 10 years older than me are posting them on fb!

Do you take selfies? What do you think of them? x

Only if I am taking a photo with my boys or hubby and no one else is around to do it, never by myself. I too find them self indulgent and vain, I cringe seeing them on Facebook, whatever the age of up the subject/photographer. I took one of myself to send to a friend to ask if red lipstick suited me, I quite liked the photo so I kept it lol but never ever would I post to Facebook. Although hypocritically I have had a photoshoot done and put that on Facebook, I guess that is vain, but it's the act if taking a photo of yourself for the purpose of posting it I find vain. I know not entirely logical!!

My Facebook profile is always me with someone else.

not on my own i sometimes take pics of me and the kids but thats more because im usually the one taking photos so sometimes like to get some of me in them. i think all these vain selfies are gross to be honest its all 'look at me look at me' and is usually fishing for compliments which i find a little sad

I totally take selfies!
Usually when I'm getting ready to go out and I want opinions on my hair/make-up/clothes, I'll post it to FB or text someone. If I take a selfie for my profile pic it always looks NOTHING like me :rofl:
It's very vain but it's just a bit of fun really.

i do!:D i dont really think its vain:S if iv done my makeup and hair nice il snap a pic of it:) lmao

No one ever takes photos of me so if i didnt i wouldnt exist!! :p

I do take them everynow and then, but by all means i do not think im all that or phishing for compliments ive got things about me which actually make me feel self conscious ie my lazy eye!

With the help of instagram though you can take pretty decent images these days.

Also it doesnt bother me if people would take one or even if they want the compliments does it really matter? Much more interesting things going on in the world to have an opinion on :D

i quite often take them with my LO as theres never anyone around to take them.

ive taken a few of myself but its usually so i can see what the clothes im wearing look like or if my hair looks ok etc (i only have a tiny mirror in my flat)..

i have put a few on facebook but thats usually to ask someone opinion on something.

oh and i have started taking some of my teeth as im currently whitening them at home so i want to see how much they change over the course & i probably will put a before & after pic on facebook. :thumbup: xx

I have but not recently. I'm the one with the big fancy camera and the ability to use it so, if I didn't take photos of myself, I'd never be in any photos. Literally. I already know that 90% of the "good" photos taken of my baby will be either just baby or baby and husband, not me. So heck yes, the tripod and shutter release will be coming out :thumbup:

I don't find it vain at all. You probably couldn't find someone with less self confidence and esteem than me if you tried. It's about recording a moment in time - that's what a photo is, whether you're the only one in it or not.

I also love photographing people and trying out new things. When I get an idea, I use myself because I have no friends (no, really) :winkwink:

Nope.

Theres something a bit cringe worthy when someone posts yet another selfie on Facebook.

I do!

I never did and i thought it was a bit silly tbh! But that was before my 3 year old started to love taking photo's with my phone. She wants photo's of EVERYTHING and if i give her the phone on the camera setting i'll get dozens of pics all of the same thing, her face!

So now we do take selfies, we do it together, but i also take some for a laugh pulling a funny face and send it to my friends :)

Bit silly really but it raises a smile :)

Nope no duck face selfies here. Cringe, too many selfies and you're deleted from my fb :)

No one ever takes photos of me so if i didnt i wouldnt exist!! :p

I do take them everynow and then, but by all means i do not think im all that or phishing for compliments ive got things about me which actually make me feel self conscious ie my lazy eye!

With the help of instagram though you can take pretty decent images these days.

Also it doesnt bother me if people would take one or even if they want the compliments does it really matter? Much more interesting things going on in the world to have an opinion on :D

Yeah same. I'm notoriously unphotogenic, and I never really go out anymore, so they're pretty much the only way I get updated photos of me up. I enjoy make-up and doing new things to my hair, so i'll put a selfie up now and again that coincides with a new look. I grew up with Myspace, so they're not really a new thing to me anyway.

Putting a new one up every night like a Kardashian would get annoying, but I don't think there's anything wrong with putting up a photo that makes you feel good about yourself.

I don't. Can't stand them or people who post continuous ones on FB. I'm very rarely in a picture so very occasionally I'll take some of me with the kids.

I take some of me and Maria occasionally as otherwise I wouldn't get in any photos with her. I desperately need a new profile picture for facebook but I can't bear to take a selfie and put it as my profile pic so I just have to keep hinting at other people to take a picture of me :haha:

No, I hate having my photo taken at all. Don't think there are really any photos of me with my boys, so maybe I should start taking some!

Not really...i did when i was a teenager and i look back and find them faintly embarrassing which really puts me off lol.

Sometimes, usually with LO or if I've done my hair/makeup/have facepaint etc on. If I do this it's usually because I'm going out and know I will look awful in photos as I'm so unphotogenic, so it's the only way to get a nice photo! I like to think I don't do them often enough to be annoying though?! Recently I've just been annoying everyone with wedding photos instead :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->