Random early LH surge

Joybell

Reaction score
Hi all

Normally ovulate CD18. Earliest ever is CD17 and latest ever was CD20. Anyway, yesterday on CD11 I randomly has loads of ECWM so took an ovulation test and it had a clear line. That itself is unusual as I never normally see lines on these tests til very close to ovulation.
Tested again today CD12 and it's blazing positive.
That would be 4 or 5 days early if I do ovulate tomorrow or soon.
We haven't BDed this cycle so will have to get on it today and tomorrow- hopefully not too late!?

Any ideas why I would be randomly early? Could it just be a surge and no ovulation? I do temp so time will tell I suppose. I'm just flummoxed as to why it's so early this month.

Any input appreciated x

Get bedding tonight just incase and keep an eye on it over the next week or so xx

Thank you. My temp went up by 0.2c this morning but still not quite at my usual post ovulation temps. I suppose tomorrow's temp will be the teller- as I normally ovulate the day after a positive opk.
We BDed last night and will try again tonight. Hope it's not ovulation this early to be honest as don't feel we have had sufficient time to BD! However I suppose if today is ovulation day then BD the day before and day of ovulation if not that bad.

Heres yesterday's OPK- do you all agree it's positive? I'll take another OPK today. So frustrating!

Attachments

• 20160220_155326_opt.jpg
    20160220_155326_opt.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 14
Another positive this morning and some ovulation pain too. Maybe it is ovulation and not just a random surge.

It was more positive today if you know what I mean..

Attachments

• 20160221_100645_opt.jpg
    20160221_100645_opt.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
Sounds like ovulation! What did you do?! I need tips on bringing mine forward!! I would just get as much bding in as poss and hopefully you'll catch the egg

Nothing unless you include drinking too much beer and wine this week and eating junk food. Maybe you should give that a go- for scientific purposes of course! Haha

So still no thermal shift this morning. I had a massive temp dip!
I wonder if this is just going to linger on until my usual ovulation day! I'll keep taking opk and temping anyway and keep BDing as much as able. Husband is so tired just now it's hard work persuading him. He also get performance anxiety so I can't just come right out and say it's important we BD tonight. Arch!

So broody Mrs looks like my prescription of booze and junk food might not be the early ovulation magic pill, but it's worth a go!

I was just going to ask a similar question! It's cd8 here and I've got ewcm. What on earth?? Have been feeling a bit bloaty (big ovulation symptom for me) but hadn't really thought about it because it's way too early. Will start opks later.

I did take EPO and drink grapefruit juice which I've read can bring ovulation forward. But by a week?? Very odd. I'm wondering, like you, if it's just a random spike and ovulation will happen as scheduled next week? Oh to have a manual for this body...

My OPKs are now negative today and still been getting EWCM and niggly ovulation pains. Hoping to see a thermal shift tomorrow morning. Be annoyed now if there's been all this excitement for nothing!

Our bodies always like to surprise us just when we think we had everything sorted

Still no thermal shift! CD15 here now and getting closer to my usual ovulation day.
Let's hope my body was just SO keen to get pregnant this cycle that it tried early ;)

Negative test again today but there's still a line.

Heres my chart - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3759cd
Ovia seems to think that I ovulated on CD14 think it's ignoring that high temp on CD13. I'm not convinced at all.

I'm rubbish with temps :-/ it's never detected ovulation for me, not really sure why I'm bothering with it! I'd just go on your opk tbh. What's cm like? Any other signs?

CM totally dried up last few days and now today starting creamy so looking good.
FF has detected ovulation so I'm 3dpo! It's ignoring that high temp on CD13 after all.

Based on that I've ovulated around 4 days earlier than normal which is odd. I'm still using OPK for next while just incase I haven't yet ovulated.

What about you broody- are you hoping to ovulate soon? I've been stalkjng your journal recently

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-25-07-58-40_opt.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-07-58-40_opt.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
Yay that's good! Think I'm ovulating today, maybe tomorrow. Got pos opk yesterday and today and highs on fertility monitor. Early for me too but it's good news for me as I have been ovulating late. Would like to have a normal cycle for once, and perhaps even get pregnant!!

Fingers crossed! Your temp looks like it's on the up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->