Random question.. What temp do you have your heating on?

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
Okay I haven't posted on here for absolutely ages, but a random question popped in my head today and it occurred to me BnB would be the type of place I'd ask it..! ;)

What temp do you have your thermostat on at home to feel comfortable? Do you have it as low as you can bare to save cash or do you have it blasting so you're really warm and cosy? What temp does it need to be on? I went to my friends the other day and she had it set on 25°C and it wasn't very warm at all.. In my house I can't have it much warmer than 20 or it gets too hot, but you go upstairs and it's freezing! I'd like to have it on more but can't really afford It and was curious what other mums do :flower:

25 degrees at the minute, upstairs and down

Nothing it's cold though!

Generally 20 during the day when we're home. I turn it down to 16 or so when we go out and overnight. Occasionally turn it up to 22 in the evenings if its a bit chilly. I do like a warm house though! Also we have a very old poorly cat and I hate the idea of him getting cold, I know he'd be fine really but he loves to curl up by the radiator when it's cold.

19, works ok for us. I guess that is on the cooler sure, but we have a big old house and it costs us way over £100 a month as it is.

22 C for us on the colder days, but during late afternoon we have to crank it up t 30 C for a couple of hours to heat up upstairs. Even after those hours it's only just 18 C upstairs, and no way near 30 C downstairs. On milder days it's usually around 20 C.

Wow! Ours stays at 17 C unless I'm feeling really cold, in which case I blast it up to 18 C for an hour or two.

Im in Australia, but during winter when its really cold the highest ill go is 24.

Think I need to investigate the heating. :lolly:

I have no idea lol. In th day I have it on 3 and at night I turn it down to the moon shape on the turning thingy.

19/20 when im in the house in the afternoon. 16 when i go to bed.

No idea, don't have the thermostat. I have all the radiators turned up full blast all the time though.

I live in a really old, cold house so if I had mine over 18 it'd be on all the time and cost me a fortune so I have to stick to around 16. My house is always cold :(

ours deosnt have a thermostat control

i have each radiator turned up to 5 though and the heating goes on and off as it needs to be

it isnt cold enough for me to have it on a timer for the mornings yet, its been like 10/11/12 degrees here the past few days. this morning wasnt cold so i didnt put it on then when i got back from lanas nativity i put it on as it was a bit cool in the house, its still on now but only because i havent got off the sofa for about 3 hours haha

I keep ours on 22, if I'm really chilly 23, and if it's fine and we can turn it down 21. There is not a lot of variation there! For us, that's 72, 75, 70, which makes a HUGE difference in temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->