• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random red book question

tazgirl

1 boy, 1 girl, blessed :)
Reaction score
Random question ladies.

Under the 1 year review section of the NHS red book (child record) there is a question of how long the baby is breastfed: 6 wks, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months. The options are not at all, partially or totally. What does the 12 month total breastfeeding mean? That baby has not taken any solids or that baby has not taken any cows milk?

Im guessing cows milk as surely they'd need to be on solids by then for their development?!

Thanks for your reply :) I was just wondering. I never gave any formula this time round so I assumed the HV would tick the total BF at 12 months box but she didnt, she ticked the partial box. She didnt ask about cows milk or anything else

I think perhaps 'totally' means only breastmilk and no formula etc to drink whereas exclusively would mean no food either x

I think it may be that all the forms or form has been printed with the same wording and this is confusing to the health professional filling them in. In this area the form for 12 months simply says something like 'still breastfed?' And the answer is yes or no xx

Yeah it is confusing. She did say she didnt get to tick that box much and it would go towards some statistics. I was just confused as to how the total box was achievable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->