Rant about my lack of willpower.

Elli21

Reaction score
Im pissing myself off!! :hissy:

How hard is it to say NO to a Mc donalds? Or a pizza? Or any kind of takeaway?

VERY for me.

Im so good throughout the day, i will eat fruit and yoghurt for my breakfast most morning, if not, its bran flakes.

I only drink water throughout the day. But i do have one black, non sugar coffee in the mornings.

I will have a salad sandwich or soup for lunch.

But dinner time, ill cook a nice meal, usually when im on a diet i will make myself something different from the kids and Mike.
But atm, im eating what they eat, and im finding myself hungry at about 8pm...what do i want? Takeaway...chocolate...crisps...and can i refuse? NO.

WTF.

I want to lose weight so bad, but im just not doing it ffs.

Help me girls.

Im thinking about taking pics of myself in my underwear and putting them up in the kitchen...??
:shrug:

Have a snack between lunch and dinner and it will help with the cravings. atm it sounds as though your blood sugar is dipping too low, making your body crave the junk.

Dont be too hard on yourself hun, tomorrow is another day :hug:

:hugs: You need to be ready to diet... you can't force yourself. Please don't feel badly - it will get easier.

Eating junk at night can often be a result of not eating enough during the day.

Other tactics are either to remove the junk from the house (I did this), or learn to make healthier alternatives.

Instead of pizza, you can use a whole wheat english muffin with a bit of sauce and measure out 1 ounce of skim cheese.

Instead of a junky chocolate bar, purchase some dark 85-90% chocolate squares in the bulk section and only keep tiny portions at the house. Pure chocolate like this is hardly junky and good for the soul :)

Potato chips... well.. that's my weakness too. I measure out 2 servings of salt & vinegar potato chips per week and eat it on my night of choice. One time per week. This way, you aren't mindlessly eating the bag. Some companies now offer lower fat options.

For takeaway, you can choose to only go to places that offer online nutritional info, so you can plan out a healthier option (even write it down on paper!) and order it immediately without looking at the rest of the menu :)

I know this stuff takes a lot of work, but losing weight AND keeping it off isn't easy, you really have to go in with a plan and strategy.

It does get easier. Not sure how to kick the late night cravings, because I get them myself. I tell my husband when I am feeling like I am going to break, or when I am out of points or calories "Don't let me eat anything more!!!" It helps me to have someone to hold me accountable.

i used to eat at night too,after 11-12 and go straight to bed but now i find the only way to not is to go to bed as soon as im home.
i know its not practical just wanted to give some hugz.:hugs:

If I think I'm gonna crack and eat, I go for a bath or to bed... somewhere where I CAN'T get any food. I also look at some old sexy shots of me when I was thinner to remind me WHY i'm dieting. :flower: don't be so hard on yourself.

Thankyou everyone :hugs:

Today is a new day.
I love the dark chocolate idea, i was thinking about this the other day, as OH and i love the 60% stuff, so thought if i got a higer percentage it would leave me completely chocced up :lol:

Im def going to do the underwear pic in the inside of the naughty cupboard....:lol: gotta get my mate to do it today xx

Hi Eli

Just wantd to echo what others have said, dont beat yourself up too much about it, as your mental/emotional state will leave you more open to caving in to the cravings.

You mentionned when you diet, you cook something diff to the rest of the family, but at the moment you are eating the same as them, which then leaves you hungry and craving the junk.

Craving some foods can be linked to a deficiency in something things, but can also show an over dependance on a certain factor, such as salt. Its almost like an addiction, you need to wean yourself off of.

The things you listed as craving, a McD's, pizza etc are all going to be high in salt content. Making homemade versions of certain junk food is one way of helping you wean yourself off the bad versions.
Pizza's made with wholemeal dough for example, freh vegetables, and stronger flavour cheeses (therefore needing to use less) are a good start.

in terms of achieving weight loss I think you'd be better looking at it from a healthier eating point of view rather than being focused on weight loss.
Its incredibly important that you eat with the family, and eat the same as them. Pyschologically dieters who eat a totally different meal to the rest of their household feel outcast, affecting their confidence and self esteem, again leaving them more likely to succumb to emotional cravings.

If you're getting hungry later on in the evening, I'd suggest healthier snacky bits, like carrot & celery sticks with dip, wholemeal pitta breads to dip in hummous, and a cold wholemeal pasta salad to dip into. Rather than eating a whole other meal....

Going back to the deired weight loss element, are you doing much exercise? Cutting down on foods etc will only do so much....

HTH.... sorry if I went on, its just an area of massive interest for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->