Rant and Rave...

JustThisGirl

Reaction score
So I've come here to have a rant about my Midwife!!!!
I'm now 24weeks and 3days and want to go to Antenatal classes but do you think I can get hold of my Midwife?! NO!!!! Her phone is off everytime I try and call, so what's the point?! Grrr...

Sorry girls, needed a rant =]

Does it have an answer phone? My midwife can be hafrd to reach but they also deliver babys in hopsital and phone would be off then. Is there a main number you could ring or do you see them at the doctors surgery? If you do phone them and see if they no where the midwife is.

It has no answerphone and everytime I've tried calling it's off, as far as I know she only works in the Doctors surgery down my road. I've asked for an alternative number but I end up with the same one... ?

then you need to find out how many mothers she is looking after
on average a midwife takes on 4 to 6 woman a month so she is free when needed except when she in in the labour room she should also have another midwife as a back up
well thats how it works with most midwives in new zealand my first midwife turned out having 14 on the go a month she no longer practising as she was baned and fined due to other issues that i was a victim of aswell
my midwife this time is fantastic she wont take more then 4 a month and she has a back up she always just has her phone on silence never off so if shes in the labour room she can check it easily and if she can she will call or txt saying that she is in birthing unit will call soon
if you cant contact her then shes not doing her job she will be getting paid per mother to be she cares for so if shes not caring for you then shes getting paid for nothing
if you cant contact her you should wait till your next appointment and discuss the issue with her if shes not willing to help then lay a complaint and get a new midwife
good luck

I feel your pain! I have never been able to get hold of the community midwife service where I live. No e-mail address or answerphone to leave messages on either. Very frustrating! Was meant to make hospital appointment for 25 week midwife appointment due to high blood pressure, but was totally impossible to get through to anyone, so I have given up and made it at the doctor's instead. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->