Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Twister, that is fantastic progress! Yay!!!

Well Clara wasn't teething after all, or not just teething anyway. She has chicken pox. Oh well, I guess I knew she was more than likely going to come down with it. She had another miserable night last night but she has a couple of spots now and is in a much better mood this morning. Have cut her fingernails to the quick in preparation for the scratching though. Poor mite. She now has chicken pox, still a little bit of conjunctivitis, and probably teething too.

That is great twister, what a difference!

Stephie can totally understand it being easier to bring baby into your bed, we had to do that last night too, she woke at 315, and wouldn't go back to sleep unless she was laid on top of me getting stroked :dohh: eventually back to sleep at 430, then because I moved at 530 because I was just so uncomfortable I woke her :dohh: now she's having a nap, and I'm having my first dose of caffeine!

Twister, that is fantastic progress! Yay!!!

Well Clara wasn't teething after all, or not just teething anyway. She has chicken pox. Oh well, I guess I knew she was more than likely going to come down with it. She had another miserable night last night but she has a couple of spots now and is in a much better mood this morning. Have cut her fingernails to the quick in preparation for the scratching though. Poor mite. She now has chicken pox, still a little bit of conjunctivitis, and probably teething too.

Oh no poor Clara!

Polaris that is terrible! I wish it were teeth! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Sunshine, C has to lie on top of me too sometimes... The things we do huh! Sorry to hear you had a bad night too! X

Twister, so happy for you girl!

Polaris, so sorry to hear Clara has the pox! That explains the poor sleep.... Hopefully she improves quickly :hugs:

Thank you everyone. Currently doing cc for her second nap. For her first nap she didn't even cry and was asleep within 5minutes then slept for 90minutes but she's putting up a bit of a fight for this one.

The second nap is usually harder for some reason. The drive to sleep is less strong or something. Stick with it, you're doing so well!

stephie - Sorry for the rough night. Sometimes you hve to do whatever it takes to get some sleep.

Twister - Yay, I'm so glad CC is helping. Keep it up!!

So I guess the early bedtime wasn't such a great idea because LO got up at 4:45 :coffee:

She also started crying in her sleep a few times last night, which was very odd. Maybe she was just overtired.

Oh bananaz I'm sorry! That sux! Lots of chocolate for you today :)

I ended up caving and giving C paracetamol after he was crying and almost inconsolable tonight. I gave him a dose for a 3kg baby (he is almost 12 kg!) as I was nervous but it seems to have taken the edge off his teething pain (if that is what it is!) as he seems to be in the deepest sleep. He hasn't twitched once in 1.5 hours!

Good luck tonight everyone xxx

Tonight seems so much harder than last night. She lets out this ear piercing scream when I leave the room and gets so worked up :(

Its hard Twister, it really is. Hugs. I had to keep reminding myself that if I gave up then the crying was all for nothing. You (and Jessica) can do it :)

Thank you. I keep telling my self "short term pain, long term gain".

I think she's getting there, still screaming but we are having a few seconds of quiet here and there.

Eta: boo your avatar is so cute!

That's good, its such a relief when the gaps between cries get longer and the crying gets shorter :)

Annnnnd she's asleep. Wonder if she will do her customary wake up after half an hour thing tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->