Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Hope all u ladies are doing well....and hoping this thread is quiet coz u're all asleep :D

We had sort of an sttn last night. She was down from 7 pm to 4 am when she wanted her bottle. I managed to sleep from 8 pm to 4 am with help from Adevent. I'm kinda worried that I only sleep well when drugged up though. But it's better than not sleeping.

Shadowy just do whatever you need to do to get some sleep and when you feel a bit better refreshed you'll be able to think straighter and decide when to stop taking the meds. At the moment (as with all of us!) it doesn't matter how you get the sleep, just that you do.

Joni was sick last night, we had to hold her so we could aim it into a bucket...if it's not one thing the next!! I think recently she's been sleeping 1 hour max without needing at least some sort of settling, usually more like 15 minutes. I think I should get a prize!!

(She has however just taken her longest ever nap (2 hours) on me, and for an hour of that I was asleep too. Felt so good!!)

Hi ladies! I too hope you're not posting as you're busy sleeping!!

Looking for some advice re Jack. Does anyone know how to stop him stirring every sinle morning at 5.45?!! There is no way I can complain about his sleeping especially not in a thread like this (!!) but every morning he wakes and stirs at that time. He seems warm enough and there's no specific noises to wake him like heating etc. He sort I of fussed and squirms a lot. I know he's not ready to wake as if I give him his dummy he'll usually then sleep again until around 7.30. Tbh if it stays like this forever then I'll take it! But I find it so hard to sleep after then.
His morning nap has recently gone from 9.30 to 10 or 10.30. I'm still struggling with how many naps he needs and their timings. He is still needing a power nap late on otherwise he's completely overtired for his bed time bottle

Sorry if this seems really trivial to you all!

Shadowy lady that is great. I worry too about not being able to sleep without meds, but I figure I need sleep (at least when Charlotte does!) to function and be a good mom and I'll worry about that later.

MrsPear that sounds so rough. I'm really sorry. I feel like all of these babies will sleep better when it's summer and they're not ill all of the time.

Charlotte has still be sleeping well, but is sick. I spent an hour long night waking with her yesterday while she projectile vomitted, poor kid. I'm tired today and DH is at home with her, as he's got the bug too. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Shadowy just do whatever you need to do to get some sleep and when you feel a bit better refreshed you'll be able to think straighter and decide when to stop taking the meds. At the moment (as with all of us!) it doesn't matter how you get the sleep, just that you do.

Joni was sick last night, we had to hold her so we could aim it into a bucket...if it's not one thing the next!! I think recently she's been sleeping 1 hour max without needing at least some sort of settling, usually more like 15 minutes. I think I should get a prize!!

(She has however just taken her longest ever nap (2 hours) on me, and for an hour of that I was asleep too. Felt so good!!)

You definitely do need a prize! And this just makes me feel even more silly for posting! Hope Joni gets better soon, the bucket thing sounds awful x

Looking for some advice re Jack. Does anyone know how to stop him stirring every sinle morning at 5.45?!! There is no way I can complain about his sleeping especially not in a thread like this (!!) but every morning he wakes and stirs at that time. He seems warm enough and there's no specific noises to wake him like heating etc. He sort I of fussed and squirms a lot. I know he's not ready to wake as if I give him his dummy he'll usually then sleep again until around 7.30. Tbh if it stays like this forever then I'll take it! But I find it so hard to sleep after then.
His morning nap has recently gone from 9.30 to 10 or 10.30. I'm still struggling with how many naps he needs and their timings. He is still needing a power nap late on otherwise he's completely overtired for his bed time bottle

I wish I could help with this but unfortunately we have the same issue! DH and I have to get up at 5:30am for work, so it's not much of a bother for us. Charlotte usually stirs around this time and will often cry out, but I rarely go to her since she seems to return to sleep within 10 minutes or so. She will then sleep until 6:45 or 7. I think it's pretty common.

Do you think Jack might be ready to move to two naps, at like 10 and 2?

You definitely do need a prize! And this just makes me feel even more silly for posting! Hope Joni gets better soon, the bucket thing sounds awful x

To be honest I think that if you're tired you're tired and it's immaterial how many times you woke up/did something to settle your baby. I would absolutely HATE those early mornings too, the earliest Joni wakes up for the day and can't be resettled is about 6:30 so I can't complain on that score! x

Since I'm constantly complaining about Joni I thought it would be nice to post a picture and show you guys that she's awesome really even though she doesn't like to sleep :flower: This was from a month ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 10

I wish I could help with this but unfortunately we have the same issue! DH and I have to get up at 5:30am for work, so it's not much of a bother for us. Charlotte usually stirs around this time and will often cry out, but I rarely go to her since she seems to return to sleep within 10 minutes or so. She will then sleep until 6:45 or 7. I think it's pretty common.

I think so, yes. 3 naps seems a lot for an almost 8 month old! Although a 2pm nap would rarely last beyond 3 which means 4.5 hrs before his bed. I'm wondering whether to completely mix it up and switch to two naps and put him to bed at an earlier bed time... If I thought it would help his early wakings I'd do it tomorrow!

Just offering :hugs: to you all. My youngest and finally started sleeping well, its been rough! Xx

I think so, yes. 3 naps seems a lot for an almost 8 month old! Although a 2pm nap would rarely last beyond 3 which means 4.5 hrs before his bed. I'm wondering whether to completely mix it up and switch to two naps and put him to bed at an earlier bed time... If I thought it would help his early wakings I'd do it tomorrow!

I think you sometimes have to move bedtime a little earlier when you transition to 2 naps, at least temporarily. Charlotte can now do about 4 hours between last nap and bed, so it's made it easier!

Joni is very very cute! Typical, while we look like haggard hags with the lack of sleep (at least I tend to), our LOs look cuter every day ;)

Boo I have the same problem as you. My boys seem to think 5:20 is when the day should start! Uhm NO! Mind you, sometimes I am lucky and they drop off again like today and yesterday when they slept till 6:45. But like you I also find it hard to go back to sleep then. I am thinking not going to them immediately and letting them chat or whine a bit and hope for the best, i.e. that they will drop off again, is all we can do really. I am hoping it will make an impression on them in as much as they will understand that no, mummy doesn't expect them to wake then lol. And do you know, when they do sleep on they usually then wake again with smiles etc, while, if they insist that I get them up at 5:20, they usually greet me with sobs and wails. Who's a tired baby then?! Meh!

Joni is very very cute! Typical, while we look like haggard hags with the lack of sleep (at least I tend to), our LOs look cuter every day ;)

Boo I have the same problem as you. My boys seem to think 5:20 is when the day should start! Uhm NO! Mind you, sometimes I am lucky and they drop off again like today and yesterday when they slept till 6:45. But like you I also find it hard to go back to sleep then. I am thinking not going to them immediately and letting them chat or whine a bit and hope for the best, i.e. that they will drop off again, is all we can do really. I am hoping it will make an impression on them in as much as they will understand that no, mummy doesn't expect them to wake then lol. And do you know, when they do sleep on they usually then wake again with smiles etc, while, if they insist that I get them up at 5:20, they usually greet me with sobs and wails. Who's a tired baby then?! Meh!

Haha haggard is definitely the word to describe how I feel most days, I sometimes feel like my eyes have disappeared somewhere into my head they get so small!!

Last night was brutal, I think we're teething, I lost count at 10 wakeups by midnight... I think I'm in the club officially now, HAHA!!! :) I know it's teething cause he's a gummy monster in the day, absolute cranky pants, miserable little thing... which he is not, normally.

Last night was brutal, I think we're teething, I lost count at 10 wakeups by midnight... I think I'm in the club officially now, HAHA!!! :) I know it's teething cause he's a gummy monster in the day, absolute cranky pants, miserable little thing... which he is not, normally.

Yup, you're official! And I'm sorry for it.

Lady Bee - I hope the teething disappears soon and you can go back to making such good progress.

Shadowy Lady - Glad Sofia is being consistent, but boo for you not sleeping. Definitely keep taking the medication, it's what it is there for, you can worry about sleeping without it once Sofia is happily STTN. :thumbup:

Noelle - Glad Charlotte is STTN - although I hope she's not too sick, and you don't find any more vomit in her bed :haha:

Again boo for you not sleeping, when are you at the doctors?

Bananaz - Probably too late for this, but DD slept fine when we travelled, although that was before the 4 month regression and WW's kicked in! I hope your interview goes well, I'm sure you'll be great! :flower:

Socitycourty - :hugs: for the cold and the teething, I hope it passes soon!

Mrspear - So sorry Joni was so sick! Glad she's taking a long nap today to give you some rest.

Boo44 - I'm afraid I have that problem too, I think just keep giving the dummy for now, and eventually his body clock will realise it's not wake time yet.

As for the naps, I'd let him have the two naps and then put to bed earlier and see if it helps, you can always return to the catnap if needed.

Aliss - :hugs: Have you already left WW12? I just wonder whether that is also making things worse? With Seren I mistook WW12 for teething I think. I hope it stops soon so you can get some sleep.

And for me..... :haha:

Well I think WW19 is over finally (definitely not WW26 as Seren can't do any of the things on the list of WW26 developmental skills). But not the end of the sleep problem.

The night before last she woke at 12:30am screaming blue murder and then decided to have a MOTN party for an hour. I put her down after 30 minutes, as she kept putting her nose to mine and staring at me, so I was not helping her go back to sleep. :haha:

Then she woke twice to be repositioned, and then ANOTHER MOTN party at 4:30am before awake for the day at 6am. I finally got out of bed at 6:30am in defeat.

Then last night we got evacuated from our building because some moron lit a barbeque in his flat :dohh: so we had to get Seren out of the bath and traipse down 104 flights of stairs (we're in a really tall building) and then wait around for an hour while the fire brigade sorted it out.

So that threw her bedtime out until about 8:30pm as she was hungry from all the excitement.

Then she woke every 2 hours because she now has a cold and can't breathe!

DH was on nights last night, but I find that now she doesn't just need a feed, that he tries to see to her quickly, and go back to bed, which just isn't working at the moment. So it takes even longer than normal to get her back to sleep.

I got up with her at 7:15am (last wake up was at 5:40am) and left DH in bed to catch a bit of a lie in, but I'm thinking of going back to bed when he gets up. :sleep:

To top it off, Seren has given her cold to me, so I feel like crap on top of all the lack of sleep.

I'm going to go out to get some kind of plug in for her room to help her breathe and I'm going to prop her cot again tonight.

Sunnie all I can take in from that is that someone lit a bbq in a flat??!!!!! Has he never heard of carbon monoxide?!!! What a total moron.

Plus 104 flights of stairs. Phew. You got your daily workout then!

Hope you get well and get some sleep soon xxxx

Sunnie - eeeek the motn parties are exactly what we went through with Sofia 2 weeks ago or so. They lasted 8 nights so tryst me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Aliss - oh no! I'm sorry to see you here then. But then again we all love your advice/stories :)

MrsPear - Joni is beautiful; you are very blessed :)

I went out with my girlfriends for a belated birthday celebration (first time i was out since giving birth) and got home at midnight finding everyone asleep. I had told DH previously to wake me up for the 5 am feeding but i just woke up now and it's 7:30 am and both of them are asleep. I'm guessing either she slept through or she had one night waking so DH gave her the bottle we did have.

I do hope this is the start of things getting better. I feel ok today and thinking of hitting the gym soon. Hope you ladies all had a great night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->