[Rant] Pastels

hivechild

Mummy to Ronan
Reaction score
Why oh why is so much baby stuff in pastels? Clothes, bedding, you name it!

Yeah, it's soft and pretty looking, but I don't want pastels! I want bright and bold and colorful!

I've wondered that too. Bright is more eye pleasing and will catch the babies attention as far as toys, I would think! Some pastels look good depending on what they're on. But I love brights!

I feel the same way. I never have understood the pastel stuff since it's better for baby's brain to be surrounded by bold colours. I mean, I can understand for spring babies... that's the time of year for pastels. But in the fall and winter? That's a time for bolds and brights!

I also agree with this. Is why I'm not getting any of the boys ranges I've seen so far because they're all pale blue xx

i know, i have only found some bright coloured things but not alot.

last year mothercare brought lots of bright stuff in. maybe u can find some stuff there.

I thought that too whe I was pregnant with C, had to search long and hard to find bright stuff!

If you look in the right places there is some bright colourful stuff out there - I haven't bought anything pastel yet and I'm on team yellow :)

Bedding wise the Zooby Island range from Boots is great and you can get lovely bright sleepsuits from TK Maxx and I've gotten a few from Asda aswell :)

Bedding wise the Zooby Island range from Boots is great and you can get lovely bright sleepsuits from TK Maxx and I've gotten a few from Asda aswell :)

I've seen pics of some great colorful stuff posted here that I'd love but alas, I'm in the US and not to say that we don't have anything here, but sometimes it feels like I'm awash in a sea of pastels, and when I finally find an island of bold colors, there's an exorbitant price tag attached!

I've never been a fan of pastels either. I have some friends who want to knit or crotchet things for the baby and I told them to use bright bold colors. I think they were a bit shocked at the idea. I hope they listen.

I've seen pics of some great colorful stuff posted here that I'd love but alas, I'm in the US and not to say that we don't have anything here, but sometimes it feels like I'm awash in a sea of pastels, and when I finally find an island of bold colors, there's an exorbitant price tag attached!

TK Maxx is the same as TJ Maxx; Asda is the same as Wal-Mart. As far as I know, there's no Boots equivalent in the US though (it's a pharmacy but has grown to do other things...so I guess like CVS, Eckerd, Drug Emporium etc. if they do more stuff.)

I've got some bright stuff at Target, not too expensive either, The Children's Place has some bright stuff too, if you get stuff on sale then it's not too expensive (got some bright colored onsies there for $2 each when they were getting rid of the summer stuff).

Why oh why is so much baby stuff in pastels? Clothes, bedding, you name it!

Yeah, it's soft and pretty looking, but I don't want pastels! I want bright and bold and colorful!

I KNOW!!!!!!!

Its so stupid as it means you're living in this dull one tone sea of non entity.

Besides, once babies can see in colour they're drawn to it and stimulated by it!

VERY annoying.

I can't even go and buy some nice bright babygrows! they either come in cream or variations of cream or cream with a little bit of pink.

What about rainbow brights?

TK Maxx is the same as TJ Maxx; Asda is the same as Wal-Mart. As far as I know, there's no Boots equivalent in the US though (it's a pharmacy but has grown to do other things...so I guess like CVS, Eckerd, Drug Emporium etc. if they do more stuff.)

Ahh, good to know! I've not been into a TJ Maxx in awhile but we have a bunch of stores like them around (Marshall's, Filene's Basement) that I've had a little bit of a peek in. There's a TJ Maxx not far off though so I might have to make a trip to see what they have.

My local Walmart doesn't seem to have a whole lot of stuff for babies unfortunately, so I may have to again, make a trip to a larger one.

I've got some bright stuff at Target, not too expensive either, The Children's Place has some bright stuff too, if you get stuff on sale then it's not too expensive (got some bright colored onsies there for $2 each when they were getting rid of the summer stuff).

There's a new Super Target that's opened up nearby that I've been meaning to get to. Hopefully they'll have some nice stuff.

The nearest Children's Place to me didn't have much of anything and nothing really on sale either. Lots of pastels!

Call me cheap, but I just don't want to be spending even $10-$15 on an outfit that the baby is going to grow out of in a couple months. That adds up to a lot of money in the end!

I think I'll be able to get enough clothes, but it's the bedding stuff now that's driving me nuts. I know there are some bright and colorful sets, but for the nursery theme I'm working on, I don't need a 'set' and I need bold primary colors without trains or animals or what have you on them.

Don't mind me, I'm just being ranty. I'll find what I need in the end or make some stuff myself! I'm already making the mobile which I can't wait to do. I've bought most of the stuff and just need to wait for it to arrive now! :happydance:

all i can say is thank god for pastels lol. I am not a big fan of bright colours, i guess i get this from my mum, i loved my wee girl in her pinks, whites and lemons and i know i will be the same for my wee boy ie the blues, whites and mints. i noticed in mothercare however that they don't have many colourful outfits for newborns, but in the 12+ month there was tons of reds, purples etc. Strange x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->