Rant.. town centre parking charges!

I went into town last christmas, stayed 3 hrs and 15mins and it cost £10.30.

Outragous

this is why hubby gets the train into work as he works in the city, otherwise it would cost him £14 a day too park for work!

That's what mine does too :)

No idea how much it would be to park (his work's in central Edinburgh :shock:) plus petrol cost would be scary too!

this is why hubby gets the train into work as he works in the city, otherwise it would cost him £14 a day too park for work!

That's what mine does too :)

No idea how much it would be to park (his work's in central Edinburgh :shock:) plus petrol cost would be scary too!

same here, he works in Leeds, it would be a 40 min drive either way plus parking at £14 a day ..... I think not, instead he drives 8 mins either way too train station, gets a monthly train pass and not only is it cheaper all together but he is also home LONG before he would be driving all the way there & back lol

Bloody hell where do you live?!? It's like a quid an hour or something, definately no where near that much any way!!

Yep train tickets are pretty :shock: too

DH is fortunate that his work do an interest free loan over the year for an annual one which works out the cheapest and so he doesn't need to fork out the shocking amount at once!

He drives to the station unless I need the car in which case he gets the bus in (poor bugger, leaving at 6AM :shock:) and I collect him in the evening! Madness!

think hubby's monthly train ticket it about £55 ish a month (thank god the tories announced that they are reducing the amount they are going up by next year!) but still cheaper than parking & fuel too drive into leeds lol

Wow! I'm shocked! Chelmsford only £4.20 all day about 5 mins walk from town and P&R is £2.50 but I couldn't tell you how much short stays are as Ive not used one for over a year lol!

That would be why I park and ride in Edinburgh lol

The problem with park and ride just now is that the roads are so dug up with the tram works that the buses are all over the place and you can wait ages for one. Also the bus company rules about buggies mean that lots of people with little ones just won't chance getting on the bus.

At the weekends the Waverley Station car park is about £5 for a whole day which is a lot cheaper.

Omg that's so expensive. Here it would be about £3something for 3 hours or if I go to a really crappy car park a pound for the whole day.

In my little town its 40p an hour and £1.50 for the whole day :)
The funny thing is that everyone kicked off when they brought on the charges and loads of people have started parking on the sides of the roads to avoid paying the 40p. That's us yorkshire folk for you!

Our town centre is free to park unless you park in the multi story and thats about £1 an hour.
The big shopping town just down the road ranges from £1.20 - £2 an hour depending what carpark your in as they are owned by different companies but there is plenty of sneaky free places ro park if you know the area like I do :)

I can't believe the prices :nope:

We're not too bad actually. If we're in Manchester its expensive!!

I usually get the tram into Manchester, £2.40 return. If I have to pay for parking it's;

£3.90 / 2 hours
£6.90 / 4 hours
£11.00 / 6 hours
£13.20 / 12 hours
£15.20 / 24 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member